Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Progesterine sensitive, EC, the pill, antibiotics, and a slipped condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Progesterine sensitive, EC, the pill, antibiotics, and a slipped condom
MirrorMask11
Neophyte
Member # 109386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MirrorMask11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey scarleteen!
So I'm progesterine sensitive. I took depo and had weird side affects is how I know.

However recent events have me scared silly. So I was taking bactrim for an infection and about two days after I finished my antibiotic I had sex with a condom and I have been taking my birth control as normal the whole cycle. However the condom slipped off into me durring sex and we stopped (no ejaculation). Immediately we got plan b. so that was a week ago and I took my first placebo yesterday and no bleeding. I have had sharp pain in my abdominal region sometimes, my breast are tender and slightly fuller. I'm just freaking out and need some consolation. Do I have a pregnancy risk? I took one of the clear blue early response test that test for up to a week before your missed period and it said not pregnant. I'm just freaking out and need some help to calm me down.

Posts: 20 | From: Ga | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi MirrorMask,

So, whenever there's intercourse like this, there is a pregnancy risk. However, you combined your hormonal birth control with withdrawl, then added EC on top of that, which means your odds of pregnancy are really, really, really low.

EC can make your period irregular, so that's likely what's happening now. If you took the test correctly, you can assume the results are correct. However, most tests require at least two weeks to pass from the incident, so you may want to double check the directions on the one you took to make sure you didn't test too early.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MirrorMask11
Neophyte
Member # 109386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MirrorMask11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thank you!!! That makes me feel a lot better. So the EC should have made up for any compromise to my normal pill from the antibiotic correct?
Posts: 20 | From: Ga | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome [Smile]
When it's taken within 24 hours of the risk, EC can be up to 98% effective. Which means it is almost (but not quite) effective as perfect use of the BC pill. But that's still quite a lot of protection, especially when you add in withdrawl

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MirrorMask11
Neophyte
Member # 109386

Awesome! You just saved my day [Smile] I was so worried

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.