Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Confused and worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused and worried
jessiecamo95
Neophyte
Member # 110799

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jessiecamo95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here's the deal. Today is my 29th day in cycle. Usually ill start on days 26-28. I am really worried as to why my period has not arrived. I had sex but I was naked and he just in underwear. While his underwear covered penis was in me he fully ejaculated and there was a huge wet semen circle on his underwear which came into direct contact with my vagina. I have had no lifestyle changes. Am I at risk for pregnanc and can my period still arrive or is it late/missed?

Thanks

Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessiecamo95
Neophyte
Member # 110799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessiecamo95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My breasts have been sore for about a week
Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long ago was this sex?

If you're having intercourse and you don't want to become pregnant, you'll want to use a method of contraception. With entry and ejaculation, fabric isn't going to give you the same protection that a condom or other proper barrier method would. Would you like to talk about choosing contraception and how to get it?

It's not unusual to have a little variation in when a period starts, even for people who are very regular. Pretty much everyone has a period come later than they expected at some point. A period isn't considered late until it's five days after the last day you would reasonably expect it, so from what you said, your period would only be late if it hasn't come by the 33rd day of your cycle.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessiecamo95
Neophyte
Member # 110799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessiecamo95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of weeks. I read on here that its not a risk if someone is wearing clothes
jessiecamo95
Neophyte
Member # 110799

We also had manual sex where he might of had sperm on finger
jessiecamo95
Neophyte
Member # 110799

Can i have clarification about the underwear and sperm
jessiecamo95
Neophyte
Member # 110799

Can i have clarification about the underwear and sperm
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is really one of those things where we are not going to be able to give you clear answers. The information we have on people being sexual with clothes on presumes they are not also having intercourse because....well, without it feeling pretty lousy or just being impossible to accomplish, intercourse is not something people will generally be doing while dressed.

Way back in the day, condoms were made of fabric. That did not stick, probably in large part because it was very uncomfortable, but also because a material like latex is more effective. How much more? We cannot know, because the kinds of efficacy studies we do now are not things people did hundreds of years ago.

Since this was a couple weeks ago, though, it really would not matter if we had that clear answer because there would be nothing to do with it, just like there is not without it. All you can do now is take a pregnancy test since your period is late, you are concerned, and you did, apparently have intercourse, or, at least, you think you did. Intercourse poses risks of pregnancy even when people are using methods of birth control.

It also sounds like something else you can do is to start talking about condom use, at a minimum. If you are going to be having or trying to have intercourse, and do not want to take big pregnancy and STI risks, it is time for condom use, and, if you prefer, we can also talk about how you can look into additional methods of birth control.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.