Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Skipped the last active pill last month. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Skipped the last active pill last month.
Namnamhaha
Neophyte
Member # 110676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Namnamhaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I have sex during the ovluation day, do I have to take plan B as I lost the last pill last month??
Posts: 22 | From: Nz | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the main ways that the pill works to prevent pregnancy is by preventing ovulation. So, you won't ovulate.

If you've taken your pill correctly so far in the pack you're taking now, you can feel confident that you have your pill's full protection again. You don't need to be concerned about the missed pill last month any more - as you've been taking your new pack for over a week now, your new pack definitely has you covered.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Namnamhaha
Neophyte
Member # 110676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Namnamhaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks! Would it be implantation bleed if it bleed during sex? That just happened to me thats why i was thinking to take plan b.
Posts: 22 | From: Nz | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it wouldn't be. For a start, you're taking the pill, so there's no reason to think you would become pregnant.

More generally, it still wouldn't. When a pregnancy is created from intercourse, there's a whole process that has to happen. Implantation is the end of that process, and that happens anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks after intercourse. So, bleeding during or straight after intercourse? Not going to be implantation bleeding.

From the questions you're asking, it's sounding like you'd be really helped out by more information about reproduction and about how your pill works. Our in-depth piece on reproduction is: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
How the fertility and menstrual cycle works when someone is NOT using the pill or other hormonal contraception: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation
And how your pill works: How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

Sex being a little too rough, or someone having a jagged nail if fingers are being used, can cause bleeding. The vaginal wall is delicate and can get small injuries. If it's just a little bleeding and it stops fairly quickly, it should heal up by itself pretty quickly and it's no cause for concern. You'll just want to be gentle with yourself for a few days. For the future, using more lubricant (or starting using lubricant, if you don't already) makes small injuries less likely.

Also, are you up-to-date on your sexual healthcare and STI testing?

[ 07-11-2014, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Redskies ]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Namnamhaha
Neophyte
Member # 110676

Thank you so much! I always get paranoid when some accidents happen. Your informations helped me a lot and yes me and my partner have regular check so we are not worried about STI...(:
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

You're welcome [Smile]

I asked about STI testing because sometimes an STI or other infection can cause bleeding during or after sex, so it's good to rule those out. Sounds like you have that sorted, though [Smile]

--------------------

Namnamhaha
Neophyte
Member # 110676

Do people get STI automatically even their partner dont have it??
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. STI stands for sexually transmitted infection - they aren't infections that will spontaneously generate through the act of sex, but ones that can be transferred from someone who's already infected to someone who isn't, through sexual activity.

That's why testing is so important - if both partners have had comprehensive STI testing with no positive results, it's less likely that one will transfer an infection to the other.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Namnamhaha
Neophyte
Member # 110676

If I have the withdrawal bleed this month does it mean i am not pregnant?
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if your withdrawal bleed comes at the right time, is the same length and same flow as usual, you can be sure you're not pregnant.
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.