Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » What is the real answer here? Semen and transferring?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the real answer here? Semen and transferring?
Marleygirl624
Neophyte
Member # 110316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marleygirl624         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I've read a lot of articles on here saying that pregnanacy through transferring semen is just not possible and I trust this as pretty sound advice. But I came across this http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000271;p=0 and it's suggesting that you may even have a 'moderate' risk of pregnancy is someone wipes semen off their hands and waits half an hour and then fingers someone? Is this true? I thought dry semen meant sperm couldn't move and is unable to fertilise an egg?:S

[ 06-24-2014, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Marleygirl624 ]

Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marleygirl624
Neophyte
Member # 110316

Sorry I didn't mean to post this in emergencies and crisis'! I've clicked the wrong thing sorry!

--------------------
marleygirl642

Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That post is over 12 years old. For future reference, since information like this is something we tend to get more of over time, you really want to only be looking at current information.

You have it right: even with fresh semen on hands that then touch the vulva, pregnancy is not impossible, but it sure isn't likely. Without any semen anywhere anymore (save on a napkin or whatever), as you know from all those other pieces you read, pregnancy is not going to happen.

But as we often say, people really need to be washing their hands before putting them in their own pants or anyone else's, just from a health and basic hygiene perspective, just like folks need to be doing if they are putting their hands in their mouths. When people are doing that, stuff like this also isn't even a question.

(Seriously, just wash your hands, and ask anyone who is asking about putting their hands in your pants to wash theirs.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marleygirl624
Neophyte
Member # 110316

Haha okay thank you very much. I got confused after reading that and I was thinking along the lines of possible a very thin scraping of semen not properly wiped away being enough to keep some sperm alive. I just happened to stumble across that post and got confused as to how that was possible.

--------------------
marleygirl642

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, when doing any kind of research? Check the dates. They matter. [Smile]

But too? If you already have the answers and keep pouring and pouring over similar information? You might also want to check yourself. Doing that often is something people do (usually without an awareness they are) to keep anxiety about this stuff up or increase it, rather than to help calm themselves down.

You have the answers to questions like this from us already. If you still don't feel satisfied with them or sure they're right, you next best steps are likely either asking a healthcare provider to explain how pregnancy does and doesn't happen to you, or to check your library for sound reference books.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marleygirl624
Neophyte
Member # 110316

Sorry I didn't check the date, I know it's important. No thank you very much for your concern but it was actually a friend of mine who was concerned about becoming pregnant from fingering and I was the one who told her about this site and told her that It wasn't possible I did a quick google search to prove it to her and then saw that post and since I had an account thought id just check to calm her down. Thank you very much heather [Smile]

--------------------
marleygirl642

Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing. [Smile]

(And go you for being a good friend!)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.