Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Condom and bcp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom and bcp
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys...
So, last night i had sex with my bf, and we were using a condom.
I already read most of the articles and some questions to see if i'd found some situation objective like mine, but i think i had no success or haven't looked properly. Since we have this space... there goes my question:

So we used a condom and we finished the intercourse with he ejaculating. OK.
When i "got off", we got kinda of scared, cause we though the condom broke... it hadn't much of fluid in it.
He "tested" it and thanks god, it wasnt broke... when i got off the condom was still in it's place, but i'm a little afraid that it may have leaked a little.
I believe it didn't leaked, but i'm afraid, you know how it goes, right?
What i wanna know is: we let the space at the tip, and the condom didn't slip off or break off... it is possible that it leaked? the base of the condom are made to hold fluids right? in which cases a condom may present leakage? could mine be one of them, since, as far as i know we did pretty much right?
I'm on the pill too, so... if it's leaked... i should assume i'm protected?

Thank you!

--------------------
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ejaculation isn't very much fluid on average, and sometimes people can have a smaller ejaculation than normal, so just seeing a small amount of ejaculate in a condom doesn't mean it didn't work. It sounds like you were using it properly (if you want a refresher on that, you can check here: Condom Basics: A User's Manual), so I don't see a reason to think it didn't work; properly-fitting condoms don't leak, and a tear will be noticeable - you don't need to fill a condom with water to check for leaks.

You've asked a lot of questions about the effectiveness of your birth control methods here; if you feel like you're worrying so much about pregnancy even when using two very effective methods, it may be a good idea to take a break from intercourse for a while so you aren't so stressed out about it afterwards.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.