Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Bleeding? Day 15/16? Worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding? Day 15/16? Worried.
DreamsOfWhite
Neophyte
Member # 109467

Icon 11 posted      Profile for DreamsOfWhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
First of all I apologise if I'm in the wrong section and If i'm being overly TMI.

Okay, so I'm bleeding on day 15/16 of my cycle and it's starting to really worry me.

I don't really know where to start with this so I'll start with the basics and I'm sorry if it's too descriptive, on Monday night I got some very heavy discharge, almost a slime. I proceeded to continue to have it on Tuesday but alot lighter and it was tinted a somewhat streaky brown colour when I wiped. Yesterday however I started having what appears to be a diluted reddish/pinkish, sometimes brownish blood and it is not discharge, it's almost like an extremely, extremely light period.

Today would be (according to an application I usually keep hold of all this information in) today would be my ovulation date. My last period started on the 10th of May until 18th and there was nothing unusual about it, it usually lasts that long. I'm not expected to have another period until the 12th of June, judging on my usual pattern. Although, I did have completely protected sex on the 18th of May. It was completely protected and even checked after to make sure nothing had broken etc.

I'm 18, and have been on a 5 day course of Amoxcillin for an ear infection up until Tuesday night. I also have exams starting next week, but I'm not overly stressed or anything. Going to the doctors at the moment isn't really an option.

Sorry if it's very confusing and TMI but I really didn't know where to start. Thank you for any help as it's still ongoing.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dreamsofwhite,

So, there's no way for us to know for sure why you're experiencing this bleeding. It does look like, from your posting history, that you have a history of irregular periods. So, that's one possible explanation. Have you checked in with a healthcare provider about your irregular cycle?

It's also possible that this is simply some spotting, which can happen. However, if this discharge is radically different from what you normally experience, you may want to check in with a doctor. You can read up on discharge here:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Also, what kind of method are you using to track your cycle? And are you up to date on your STI testing?

[ 05-29-2014, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DreamsOfWhite
Neophyte
Member # 109467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DreamsOfWhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Sam W
I have never felt the need to have STI testing as I've only ever been with the one person and we were both virgins beforehand so I never felt it to be overally necessary as I know where I'm from it's crazy expensive to get tested for.

Yes they would be irregular, but not more so than the few days here or there, never, ever have I started this early. Like I finished on the 18th, it's just over a week and a bit after. I have never experienced early bleeding before. The odd discharge but never was blood involved.

I use a mobile application for the past two years to track vaguely, I just use it to keep hold of dates more than anything. I don't depend on it. It's just an extra calendar tbh.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then the most likely explanation is that you're just having some spotting, or that you're having a one-off early period. But, again, there's not way for us to know for certain what the exact cause might be. If the bleeding persists and seems distinctly non-period related, then you'll want to check in with a healthcare provider.

If you're interested in tracking your cycle in more depth, you can read about that here:
Get With the Flow: All About FAM

And, if you're concerned that this bleeding might indicate pregnancy, you should know that bleeding occurs in a minority of pregnant people. The only way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test (although, given that you used a condom correctly, you can assume it did its job)

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.