Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pain.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain.
prettyskittle
Neophyte
Member # 68755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prettyskittle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been a while since I've had sex or any sexual contact with someone. However the guy I've just started seeing we met up today and got a bit excited.

He used his fingers inside me and at one stage was quite vigorous, he also entered me with his penis, but not for long. We didn't have full sex, I.e. Neither of us orgasmed. However now I feel a little tender inside.

Is this due to him using his fingers quite hard, and I'm wondering if that combined with me not being totally aroused, so not lubricated enough?

As it has been over a year since I've been with anyone in that way. And with my previous partner once we became sexually active I did used to suffer from cystitis quite a lot.

Thanks.

--------------------
Smile....

Posts: 30 | From: Uk | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi prettyskittle,

It's quite possible that all of the above resulted in the pain you're feeling. If you haven't, you might want to give this piece a read:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

In the future, I do think it would be sound to use lube for any penetration, and hold off on that penetration until you feel aroused. If you like, we can talk with you about ways to do that.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettyskittle
Neophyte
Member # 68755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prettyskittle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've read online it does sound possible that he might have just scratched me inside, and may have just been a bit rough, as it didn't hurt whilst it was happening.

I still am a little sore today, it's not so much a pain but like a sensation inside on one side. It doesn't hurt to pee etc.

Obviously it is very sensitive inside and a slight scratch will cause me some discomfort, but should I just give it a couple of days to heal?

I've never had any issues previously , I think because it was all a bit rushed combined with probably being scratched that is what's causing the tenderness. Would you agree?

--------------------
Smile....

Posts: 30 | From: Uk | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure sounds like.

I'd just make sure, moving forward, to have partners wear gloves or check their hands first for any nails or hangnails (which they can quickly clip or file, if so), and if and when something feels super-rough, to pipe up and say something.

Same goes with things feeling rushed. "Hey, can we slow down some?" is always something anyone can ask.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.