Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Plan B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plan B
Rawrkitten2
Neophyte
Member # 101575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rawrkitten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys. So my last cycle was on May 3rd- May 7th. I took plan B at the end of that cycle, so on May 8th because of an incident I had. 5 days later, on May 13th I received a period after that for a few days as well. Since may 13th I haven't had my period... I have been safe with sex , there wasn't any condom breaks or anything since I took plan B. but my period is so late. I'm so scared I'm pregnant.. it even feels like I am. [Frown] It would mean a lot if I could receive your advice and help on this. Thank you.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a little confused by the dates you're giving here. It sounds like you're saying you had your bleed from May 3rd to May 7th and then more bleeding for a few days from May 13th. Given that it's now May 21st, I don't understand how your period is now late. Or perhaps you did not mean May for some or all of the dates you gave?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrkitten2
Neophyte
Member # 101575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rawrkitten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh gosh. March! sorry about that. March 3rd to May 7th I had my regular period. on march 8th I took plan b. 5 days later, I received my period again. (I know plan b is supposed to do that) now it's May 21, and I haven't gotten my period.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries [Smile] Plan B isn't "supposed" to cause that extra bleeding - some people get that as a side effect, some don't. Plan B can cause temporary wonkiness in the menstrual cycle, and that might be what's going on for you.

If you're concerned about pregnancy, the way to find out for sure what's going on is to take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.