Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help :(
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question.
Last night, me and my boyfriend we fooled around without underwear, there was definitely rubbing of genitals, but no penetration and no ejaculation, not anywhere near me in any case. But before he ejaculated there was definitely rubbing aand touching of genitals. i freaked out, so i got the plan b pill exactly 10 hours after. My pregnancy risks are not that high i hope ? :/ thank you

Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unprotected direct genital-to-genital contact does pose a pregnancy risk. If your partner did not ejaculate on our near your genitals, then the risk is low, however. You lowered the risk further by taking EC soon after.

Unprotected direct contact also poses risks for STI transmission, so you two will want to get tested if you are not up to date with that.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STI transmission does not worry me because we got tested like in the end of february and we're both clean so thats that.
the thing that scares me is the pregnancy risk actually. I'm really scared im totally freaked out :/ but like EC 10 hours later is much more effective right ? and he DID NOT ejaculate near me! and he rubbed against me before ejaculating and he peed before so i dont believe there was cum left or i dont know that complicated stuff. so the risk is really low right ? i should chill ?

Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The risk is fairly low, yes.

You have already done everything you can to reduce the risk by taking EC so quickly. Freaking out now won't do any good. The best you can do is try to calm down, until you can take a pregnancy test to confirm.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

okay so now, around 15 days after the incident i got my period. but it's very weird it s actually darker and lighter than the normal period. im on the second day and i do have some bleeding but not like i'd normally have on a normal 2nd of my period. i have cramps like during normal menstruation. but i dont have any other pregnancy symptoms like : fatigue, nausea etc nothing of such. i did a test yesterday and it came out negative. This inregularity of my period...might be caused by the plan b pill ? because i have used it before as well and my body does not react very well to it. sometimes it has caused me to 2 periods in one month, sometimes it has made it come 10 days late etc. so this is because of the pill or there's a chance i might be pregnant and this is implanation bleeding ?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Irregular bleeding is a very common side-effect of EC. The bleeding you describe certainly sounds too heavy for implantation bleeding, anyway: that is only a day or so of very light spotting, when it happens at all.

If you took the test according to the instructions, then you can rely on that result.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

i need to clear some things again. I am so so so so freaked out right now...i do have a heart condition whenever im anxious i get a horrible tachychardia that lasts for days and i can hardly breath i need to take my meds...and i'm so close to a anxiety crisis. Please help me:
so again.....after the incident my period was supposed to come on the 2nd or 1st of may. One week before that i had sore breasts, i was hungry all the time, i had cramps like i normally do before my period. on the 2nd i started bleeding. by the end of the first day it was kinda heavy but again kinda lighter than it normally is. By the day i got my first bleeding the sore breasts, crampings, cravings everything stopped (like it normally happens during my period) Now we're on the 3rd day and the bleeding has not stopped, but it's really not as heavy as it should be during my normal period. It's lighter and dark dark red- brownish and too many blood clots. i took a pregnancy test exactly 14 days after the intercourse and it was negative. the next day i got the "bleeding" not sure if it was period or implanation bleeding . i do not have any kind of pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. im full of energy, the soreness of breast went away the moment i started bleeding and i'm not that hungry anymore. im so freaked out: my heart beats at like 118 per minute because im in so so so anxious. ill take another test tomorrow first thing in the morning but im so worried i cant even sleep. is this cycle messed up because of the goddamn plan b pill or am i pregnant ?

Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, euro98,

Goodness, you sound like a mess. [Frown]

The short answer is that, yes, plan B will mess up your cycle, and bleeding in between cycles is not unusual.

It doesn't sound like you vomited the pill after you took it, which is good because it means it's working. Of course, all the fear and anxiety that you are causing yourself isn't helping your body on top of the dose of strong hormones you just took, so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised when your body follows where your mind goes. Luckily, if you're bleeding and didn't throw up the pill, there's a very good chance you're not pregnant.

A nervous breakdown, maybe, but pregnancy not so much.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the by, with your heart condition and the kind of anxiety you are getting here, I strongly recommend getting off the internet and working with your healthcare providers instead.

That can include talking to them about your sexual life and getting their help in figuring out what, with that, you can and cannot handle right now, and what choices you can best make for yourself that ARE within your capacity to deal with.

[ 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

i want to talk to someone so bad..but i can't really. i feel really bad talking about these kinda things with others. i am too easily embarrased. I just wanted to say that the bleeding is still continuing but really light...like a light version of my ending periods. please put my mind at ease....my chances of being pregnant are slim? i cant buy a pregnancy test not just yet. those are so damn expensive and i get my paycheck tomorrow so ill probably buy it tomorrow :/
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are asking the impossible of us: we cannot relieve your anxiety. That is not the kind of work we do or are qualified to do, and we also are not made of magic.

Anxiety disorders and issues are health conditions, and to get them addressed well, as with any health condition, you will need to see and work with someone qualified to diagnose and treat them.

Sometimes we have to step a bit outside our comfort zones to help ourselves. In your case, some momentary embarrassment is likely going to be way less uncomfortable than struggling with anxiety. As well, learning to ask for help and talk when you need to to sound people is something you'll need to do to just help yourself with life in general.

But that is your choice, and we respect that. But if that's the one you are making, please understand that still does not make us qualified or able to help with this, and restating facts about pregnancy and periods both will not likely make your anxiety stop, and also is really not okay to ask us to do, all right?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

ohhh...thank you [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.