Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » When is dry sex risky?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When is dry sex risky?
Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys I understand that when clothing is present it forms a barrier which removes a pregnancy risk. However I was reading the boards and I soon read that if you ejaculate on a girl's underwear and she rubs it, it would be a risk? I don't understand I thought that if one of the two parties have some sort of clothing on pregnancy is out of the question?
Thanks [Smile] I'm confused as to when it would present risks or not.

Posts: 16 | From: South Africa | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your original understanding is correct.

Can you point us to where you read about rubbing ejaculation on underwear?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey [Smile] sorry I can't seem to find it but it was a question on the boards that mentioned if it were to be rubbed against the vagina, it would have the possibility of seeping through? I thought that if it were to seep through and reach the vagina it would be damaged and a form of indirect contact which remains risk-free unless it was fresh ejaculation? [Smile]
Posts: 16 | From: South Africa | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think it unlikely that any staff or volunteers would say such a thing, at least in recent years (I can't speak for before that simply because I wasn't here, and haven't read every post in the entire 15-year history [Smile] ). If it was a user asking about that, they were likely misinformed or misunderstood somewhere else.

Pregnancy through clothing is not realistically ever going to happen, whether there's ejaculation or not, and whether it's rubbed or not.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

Okay so I would like to confirm that the following is NOT a risk. having dry sex with me wearing a condom and my girlfriend wearing underwear? it is not a risk and her giving me a blowjob after is safe too?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dry sex never poses pregnancy risks or risks of sexually transmitted infections, no.

Oral sex also does not ever pose risks of pregnancy, however, oral sex without using barriers like condoms poses possible risks of sexually transmitted infections.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

okay just to reassure me. Because we had dry sex and she had her undies on implies clothing is involved and therefore removes the pregnancy risk. However, me wearing a condom means that there's no possible risk of pregnancy even if she wasn't wearing clothing because a barrier, like a condom is present. so a last time my situation is risk free? I touched her bum with my penis but I wore a condom so there was always a barrier right? [Smile]
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you are correct. And, even if your penis had touched her buttock without a condom, that would not have posed a risk.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if it might help you to think of sperm and semen like you think about drinking water.

If you were to pour water in your neck, stomach, your feet, anywhere but right into or on your mouth, it would not be able to get into your mouth, right?

The same is true of sperm and semen. When not put very directly into or unto someone's genitals, they are not going to be able to get into or unto someone's genitals.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

if I wore nothing but a condom and she wore just undies?. Does that change anything?
Heather
Member # 3

Nope.

Did any of what I just said about drinking water get through?

To give you another example related exactly to what you now just asked, if you had a scarf tied over your mouth AND had a water bottle with the cap on, and turned the bottle to take a drink, could you get any water that way?

Nope. Same goes here.

Really, I think some of what is happening here is you not accepting the facts we are giving you: dry sex does NOT pose pregnancy risks. Even intercourse, with a condom, only poses a very small risk.

You get to not accept the facts we are giving you, that is totally up to you. But continuing to ask us for them when you won't accept them, or feel like you can't isn't a productive use of our time or yours, you know?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

oh and not related, but theoretically, if I wore a condom and she wore nothing and there was no penetration but I wore a condom it would still be dry sex because there's a barrier present (like clothes) and my situation I had 2 barriers (condom and undies) and for it to be safe I'd need 1. right? [Smile]
Inchy
Neophyte
Member # 109544

I'm sorry I sent a message and only after I saw your post! I understand! [Smile] I just get so worked up! [Frown] I feel so bad for make you guys feel like I'm wasting your time [Frown] I understand I just want to make extra sure everything is safe [Smile] thanks guys.
Heather
Member # 3

Can you please take a look at my last reply to you, as well as all our previous replies? This truly is just getting quite circular and repetitive.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.