Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please please help me out please :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please please help me out please :(
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so basically...i got my period around the 13th of december then i had two accidents and i had to take the plan b pill on the 20th of december. 3 dyas later i retook the plan b pill and as a result i had my periods again on the 27 of december which was really weird but im sure it was not implanation bleeding because it was heavy and it lasted 5 days like normal periods do. now i still havent gotten my period yet for the month of january, but i have teken 3 home pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. i had to ritake the plan b pill this morning because last night we had a little problem : he forgot to put on the condom and was like 5 seconds maximum inside but not entirely just a little bit and then he pulled out immediately he put on the condom and continued. i freaked out so this morning i took the plan b pill. the pharmacist told me i should take 2 pregnancy tests given that my period is late..but then again he said if it is negative the two times you take it then relax and take the plan b pill. i know i should go for another method i know this is not healthy....but it costs like a fortune and i went to a special assossiaction which is supposed to help you out with the sexual health but again...they just advise you, they dont do the controls or prescribe any sort of contraception. i have to pay for that...a lot. so yes....now im freaking out of my mind,..i havent had any symptoms...i havent been feeling any different...im just really worried why my period is late. is it because of the pill i got twice in the last cycle ? please help me...i am all alone and im freaking out i dont know what to do anymore.
Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Let's take this one step at a time.

First, let's look at the accidents in December. You've taken three pregnancy tests and they were all negative. Did you take them at least 14 days after the accident, according to the instructions? If you did, you can be very sure that you are not pregnant. Taking Plan B can make the cycle go temporarily wonky, and that's more likely if you take Plan B several times in a cycle. It's not surprising if your period comes at a different time or if your body feels a bit different.

Now, go back and read that paragraph again, and really try to take it in. Do you feel able to accept it and feel ok about it?

Second, let's look at what happened last night. You had intercourse without ejaculation, and you took Plan B within 24 hours. So, you used withdrawal and emergency contraception: your chance of pregnancy is low, and you did everything you could to reduce your risk after the intercourse.

We can definitely talk with you about your options for reducing your pregnancy risk in the future, not having you feel so panicked, and how you might get sexual healthcare and contraception. Can you tell us which place you went to, or link us to it? Did you have an appointment with them, and if you did, what did they discuss with you?

Right now, it sounds like the best thing for you would be to feel a bit better. How about choosing one or two things from here: Self-Care a La Carte and doing them?

Then, when you're feeling a bit better and less panicked, we can talk about how to make things better in the future [Smile]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
since december..the accidents that happened..we have had intercourse but protected. i am really sure of it because i made him do the water test thing and i kept on checking if the condom was still on and everything. the pregnancy tests : i did the first one last week on thursday and two others today as the pharmacist told me. since december there were no failures no accidents nothing weird that could have happened. but since my period is late i just panicked and i had to make sure. so basically yes...the three of them were negative.

yes i do know for sure that he did not ejaculate inside. it was for a really really short time a matter of seconds really when it hit him that he did not have his condom on. i took the plan b exactly 10 hours later.
i went to this family planning in HUG hopital universitaire de geneve. i had an appointment and they just told me what i already knew like if i want to start the contraception i need to fix an appointment with the doctor, the assurance does not cover it i have to pay for the appointement and the pills of course. and they just explained to me the risks if i'm careless with the pill how it works and everything.
i really need to calm down...i have this heart condition everytime im stressed my heart beats very hard and i cant breathe and i need to take my medication for 2 weeks afterwards to stabilize the heart. and all this stress is not helping me im scared of going into a crisis as it has happened many times before when i had anxiety or a stressful situation. so the chances that i am pregnant are really low right ? and the period thing is just because of the plan b pill ? thank you again for your reply

Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You already have the answers to those two later questions - just check out my post above [Smile]

I hear you on needing to calm down. Again, can you pick one or two things from here: Self-Care a La Carte and do them?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

i do have abother question : so again...my period is late..so i decided to retake another test. and i waited for 5-10 minutes i went close to the window i went to the dark room the bright one everywhere and it was negative. then i came back in like 20 minutes or 30 or so..and i dont know i think i saw a greyish second line but im not sure...is it true that after 10 minutes the test is not valid any more ? within the first 10 minutes i checked the test against the light and there were no signs of any second line. so it is negative right ?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Yes, it's correct that a pregnancy test isn't valid beyond ten minutes after taking it. Pregnancy tests are not meant to be read later. Anything you saw at the 20 or 30 minute point, you should ignore, because it means nothing. The negative result at 5-10 minutes is the correct result.

In future, you should throw out a pregnancy test after you've read the result.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.