Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Light pink discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Light pink discharge
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovepink888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So in june i dry humped once, had my period in july it wasn't as heavy as usual but lasted about 7 days. After the seven days was over i had some spotting and cramping. my period is supposed to be around the 13th and today is the 10th and i have some pink discharge. I read that early periods and pink discharge can be a sign of pregnancy which freaks me out. Ive been a little itchy down there too so i guess it could be a yeast infection to but i don't know and I'm kind of freaking out. Am i pregnant? why am i having tis discharge? help!
Posts: 86 | From: Fiji | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're having itchiness and spotting, then by all means, if you can, I'd get checked out for a possible infection.

Spotting can happen for all kinds of reasons in pregnant and not-pregnant people alike, but spotting paired with itching would suggest an infection of some kind.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovepink888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So im not pregnant?
Posts: 86 | From: Fiji | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't begin to know when someone is or isn't pregnant who doesn't have the results of a pregnancy test.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

I never had sex.
Heather
Member # 3

So, you probably don't need me to tell you, then, that if you haven't done any of the things that can create a pregnancy, you can't be pregnant, just like if we aren't around any cars, we can't get into a car accident, right? [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Noodles_93
Neophyte
Member # 96484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noodles_93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi heather. Im an Irish 19 year old boy and last month i lost my virginity to my girlfriend (also 19). We are now sexually active but are using the pill as a primary means of contrception. Buti would like to know how effective the pill is since my gf stared it 4 months ago. Before and during holidays my gf skipped two periods in a row and we lost our virginity around what should have been the end of her 3 week cycle before she skipped secondly. Aswell as this she also has been late on two occasions ( 17 hrs late 1st time 14 late 2nd)since going on the pill. She also on a coiple of occasions has taken it maybe up to ten ours after schedule but 90 percent of the time she takes it within an hour or two of schedule. Having read this how less effective will the pill be for us? Lastly a few weeks ago my gf was due to start her period as in 4th week bt she delayed her period by taking the pill 2 extra days in order to have sex with me during a romantic weekend away. She then had her period including blood loss after this and after a week she went back on the pill last thursday night at eleven at night as scheduled. On friday evening after significant arousal we had sex without a condom where i pulled out after maybe 30 secs nd i no i didnt ejaculate. Other than the night we lost our virginity we used both the pill and a condom but since I didnt use one the other evening i am worriedabout a possible risk after reading about the pre-cum scenario and worrying about the possible weakening in effectivity of the pill over time. Can you please tell me has the pill become less effective and on average how affctive is it now and are we at risk even though i combined the pull out method with her taking the pill.? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated thank you heather.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noodles, it sounds like your girlfriend has been taking the pill very erratically. Has she checked with her doctor about using the pill to skip withdrawal bleeds? Doing that, especially several times in a row, is something that should be discussed with the prescribing doctor. It's also not okay to take extra active pills to delay a period. In order for the pill to be effective at preventing pregnancy, it really needs to be taken as directed.

Too, if your girlfriend has trouble taking the pill on time, it may be a good idea for her to talk to her doctor about trying a different method of birth control. With something like the NuvaRing or Implanon, she has very high levels of protections well, but there is less room for user error.

The pill does not lose effectiveness over time, so that is not something you need to worry about. But from what you have described here, your girlfriend was likely not fully protected by the pill. However, it is impossible for us to guess at how high her level of protection was.

Am I understanding correctly that you also used condoms for all but one instance of intercourse? And that you practiced withdrawal the time you did not use a condom? If so, in the instances where you used condoms (and provided you used them for all genital contact and did not have a condom failure) you do not need to worry about a pregnancy risk. In the instance where you did not use a condom, you may have had a small pregnancy risk.

(For the future, please start a topic of your own if you have a question. Having a separate thread for each user helps us keep track of who is asking what.)

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noodles_93
Neophyte
Member # 96484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noodles_93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joey thathelps a lot. My final question is that because of my girlfriends erratic use of the pill does that effect future levels of protection or does the rate of protection rely soley on how reliably you take the pill on the given 21 days before the break week. As in nmy girlfrined for the last 21 days has taken the pill every night at the same time. Does that mean were back to very nearly full protection???
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Noodles. If your girlfriend took the entire cycle of pills on time -- from the very first pill of the pack, to the very last -- then you guys are indeed back to the full protection of the pill [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.