Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I'm scared! Please help idk if I'm pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm scared! Please help idk if I'm pregnant
Lovin_lifer
Neophyte
Member # 96414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lovin_lifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I would like some help. My period started July 19 and ended July 24. On the 26 I had sex with my boyfriend. He was wearing a condom, and he pulled out with the condom on. But we had a scare when some of the sperm leaked at the base as he was pulling out. We checked the condom there were no holes and made sure that there was no defect and all the sperm was in the condom. Just for us to be safe I took a morning after pill (Plan-B one step) the day after. I got a monthly cycles app on my iPhone saying that my next period is expected Aug16. Today I had some spotting on my underwear. It came down dark brown and red, when I wiped it was light pink. I checked the monthly cycles app and it had said that I am "ovulating" today (Aug 2). I read articles and I am confused of what is going on. Please help me, I would like to know if those are signs of pregnancy. Thank you
Posts: 1 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Lovin_lifer and welcome to Scarleteen!

Plan B tends, for many if not most people, to alter the menstrual cycle for a couple of months after it is taken. This could mean early or late periods, spotting between periods, etc.

This bleeding is nothing to be concerned about.

If you are concerned, you can take a pregnancy test 14 or more days after the risk occurred just to put your mind at ease.

If the ring of the condom was still snug aaround the base of the penis, it's possible that the fluid you saw around the base wasn't semen but was instead something else, such as sweat from friction, lubrication from your vagina, or any extra lubricant you may have used. As part of effective condom use, the person wearing the condom, or the partner, should hold onto the base of the condom as the penis is being withdrawan to ensure that the condom doesn't slip partially or all the way off. If you're doing that already, terrific!

One more thing: You mentioned the cycle app on your phone. Unless you've been tracking your basal body temperature and cervical mucus for several months, it's pretty tough for anyone, either person or phone app, to predict dates of ovulation. If you're interested in this sort of tracking, you can read more about it here:

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

So, again, nothing you've described here is setting off alarm bells and you can expect your menstrual cycles to be off for the next few months.

How do you feel now?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.