Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Decidual bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Decidual bleeding
Nervnelly
Neophyte
Member # 96305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nervnelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I am very nervous about possibly being pregnant. I had unprotected sex in april It lasted for about 5 seconds because it was not something I wanted to do. I don't believe any pre ejaculation occurred in those 5 seconds. I took plan b about 12 hours later. I have gotten my period on time for the past 3 months and have had no symptoms of pregnancy. I took a few tests that all came back negative. I was reading about decidual bleeding and have been getting nervous that this is what I might believe to be my period. The only reason why Im having anxiety about the thought of being pregnant is because my stomach has been feeling very weird lately. Also I heard that decidual bleeding can cause negative pregnancy tests because of the hormones being out of wack. Any help would be great to ease my mind.
Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests test specifically for a hormone ONLY created by pregnancy, and a hormone that is essential to sustain a pregnancy. So, even if and when someone pregnant is having vaginal bleeding for any reason, pregnancy tests will still be effective.

As well, someone being pregnant for three months and having no changes to how they feel in their body at all would be exceptionally unusual: pregnancy is a huge event, and by the time someone is entering their second trimester, they are going to have had a host of different feelings and changes that you really can't miss, even if you don't know to associate them with pregnancy.

You've taken tests with negative results, and you can trust those results. If you feel you can't, your next best step would be to visit a general or sexual healthcare provider and have them do a test and exam for you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.