Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » TERRIBLE CRAMPS!? OVARIAN CYST?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TERRIBLE CRAMPS!? OVARIAN CYST?
Abf111211
Neophyte
Member # 96208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abf111211     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two days ago my bf and I had sex but he only went half way in. He did not have a condom and neither of us orgasmed. When I am not on my birth control pills I do not have a period.. Ever.. What does this mean? But anyway when I woke up after the sex with bad cramps. I thought I was getting my period because I had started taking birth control again but these are really bad cramps. I looked into it online and saw something about ovarian cysts and how they can pop. Could this be what had happened because my bf only went in half way.. I'm 16 years old and so if my boyfriend. I live with my grandma and she said I had to wait till my bf and I had been together a year to have sexual intercourse with him but the other night things just escalated and we have been together for 8 months. If she finds out, I will get kicked out of my house... Idk what to do

--------------------
Urgent

Posts: 5 | From: Hot springs arkanasas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose you online. If you are experiencing a lot of pain, it's a good idea to call your doctor and make an appointment. It is unlikely that this is related to the intercourse you had, however, so you don't need to worry about discussing this with your grandma if you don't want to.

I am also concerned when you say you had just started taking the pill again. When did you start? Did you do this after discussing it with your doctor? On another note, have you discussed your irregular cycles with your doctor?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Abf111211. We can't tell you whether you had an ovarian cyst or not -- that's just not something we could know or decide over the internet. You should go to your doctor and they can diagnose the reason you're having these bad cramps.

Please also be aware that you have had an STI risk, and a low pregnancy risk. Now that you are sexually active, you need to be getting an STI screening every year, no matter what. You should also start to use a birth control method (or more than one) consistently since you are sexually active. You can talk to your doctor about all of that when you see them about the cramping as well.

Here's an article with information about different birth control options:
Birth Control Bingo!

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abf111211
Neophyte
Member # 96208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abf111211     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started taking the pill again a couple weeks ago because a few months ago I just quit them cold turkey and I started getting worried because after I stopped I started breaking out so I started them again. Also this was my first time having sex and he did not pop my cherry... I just want to know a possible reason for my bad cramps

--------------------
Urgent

Posts: 5 | From: Hot springs arkanasas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Abf111211. There actually isn't any such thing as "popping your cherry". If you're referring to your hymen, that is located only a centimetre or two (an inch or less) within the vaginal canal, and it cannot be "popped" or "broken".

Since you only started taking the pill again a couple of weeks ago, it will not be at its ideal effectiveness. You need to make sure that you backup with condoms or another method of contraception if you have any more vaginal (or anal) intercourse during this cycle.

As joey (and I) said, we can't tell you why you're having these bad cramps, only a doctor can. So do please contact your doctor as soon as possible since your pain sounds quite severe!

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abf111211
Neophyte
Member # 96208

Ok thank you

--------------------
Urgent

Abf111211
Neophyte
Member # 96208

Are u sure that if I go to the doctor for the ovarian cysts that she won't think I had sex? And tell my grandma?

--------------------
Urgent

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Yes, ovarian cysts have nothing to do with sex. And this amount of cramping, even if it isn't about ovarian cysts, isn't going to have been caused by anything to do with the sex you had.
Abf111211
Neophyte
Member # 96208

Omg thank you maybe since I'm not used to starting my period that they are just period cramps

--------------------
Urgent

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

No problem! I think joey's right that you should also talk to your doctor about your irregular cycle as well, as they will be able to help you figure out why you get your periods so irregularly.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would still suggest that you make an appointment to talk to your doctor. That way, you can discuss your irregular menstrual cycle, and get some pointers on correct pill use (especially if you are going to be sexually active). You'll also want to ask for a full STI screen - getting a head start on your reproductive health care is a great idea.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.