Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Period heavy first day, second and third day spotting? HELP :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period heavy first day, second and third day spotting? HELP :(
jessisteil
Neophyte
Member # 96180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessisteil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my period on Saturday and I had a very heavy flow. The next day I barely had anything and was just spotting. Today the same thing except for at around 2PM when a lot of blood came out. Whenever I go to the bathroom and strain a little, a lot of dark blood comes out when I wipe. I had been worried being pregnant for a while but I couldn't have been because I haven't had sex. The only sexual contact I've had was getting fingered and dry humping with underwear on May 9th (I thought I had gotten pregnant from that because I was drunk that day and unsure about having sex). I'm very stressed out due to this and have been paying close attention to my flow ever since I started on Saturday. What could this be?

I'm scared because I usually a heavy flow for the first two-three days with heavy cramps and it lasts for 5-7 days.

Also, I have mild cramps, like I feel like I'm on my period, it's just that there's no movement down there unless I strain. Maybe it's because I've been sitting down most of the day. I'm not sure, but I'm extremely worried.

and hypothetically, if I were to have had sex, could this be a pregnancy risk?

[ 07-03-2012, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: jessisteil ]

Posts: 4 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you did have sex that night, and it was unprotected, then you had a pregnancy risk.

But you're also having your period right now, and it's not possible to be pregnant and have a period. Were you due for your period on Saturday? If so, it's very, very likely that the bleeding you are experiencing right now IS your period, even if it looks a little different.

If you want some extra reassurance, you can also go ahead and take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessisteil
Neophyte
Member # 96180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessisteil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My periods don't come on a specific date, but I was due to get it any day now.
Posts: 4 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course. But if you start bleeding around the time you expect your period to start, it's pretty likely that it is your period.

Again, though: if you are unsure, a pregnant test will put your mind at ease.

[ 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessisteil
Neophyte
Member # 96180

Is a test really necessary? Like, is it possible for me to actually be pregnant? Because if it's not, then I'm not going to go and take a test.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much blood flow there is, how long it lasts, and which days are heavy and which light can vary from cycle to cycle. This in itself is not a concern.

As explained in the post I'll link below, assessing your pregnancy risk is something we need you to do yourself right now. This post will walk you through how to do this. Should you determine that you want to take a pregnancy test, either at home or at a doctor or clinic, we can help you figure out where to access tests if you need assistance with that.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessisteil
Neophyte
Member # 96180

I didn't have sex. The activity I described was the day after I finished my period. I wore underwear the entire time, the only thing that happened was getting fingered with my underwear on. The dry humping was done with underwear on as well and the only place where the dick could have touched me was my leg and my hand, and neither of the times it was wet. I know that the day we did those things I explicitly stated that there was not going to be any sex, so we didn't do it. I know that right after we were done I was sure that there was no sex.

I have no pregnancy symptoms and I'm still bleeding a little bit. I'm still on my period in other words. Even if I was raped or anything (I wasn't, its just an example), there's no way I can be pregnant.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.