Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » How should I, do this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How should I, do this?
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in some serious, serious problems and there is no other way around it other than wasting my time in the emergency room. I was going to go to a walk in clinic, but my drug store that I use, is closed for the weekend... So, now I am forced to sit and wait for a doctor to either give me it there or write me a scripted where I would need to wait.

I had intercourse a few hours ago, no protection was used at all.

Yesterday morning I just finished my period, the remaining spotting had stopped. I started on Wednesday evening with my period.

So how should I go about this. If a doctor gives me a script and take it into a pharmacy they will want to have a copy of my health benefits which is at the pharmacy that is closed...

The sexual health clinic isn't open either, they would give me it for free.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're looking to get emergency contraception?

I'm not sure which province you're in, but my understanding is that in the majority of provinces a prescription is not needed for plan B.

I hear that your problem is hwo to get it without having to pay for it. You could call the walk-in clinic and find out if they will give it to you there or at the hospital. Either way, yes, will likely require a wait.

Do you have any proof of your health benefits, or does your regular pharmacy have the paperwork?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're closed on the weekends the Pharmacy I go to. They have the copy of it.

Sorry trying to rap my head around everything. The guy is a co-worker and he has a wife and he has filed for divorce. He has kids. A daughter who is 7 years younger than I am.

I can show them my income statement.

I'm in Ontario (ON)

I'm suppose to meet with my Pastor and talk about my upcoming Baptism soon. I feel I have failed, I failed him, God. I know he forgives, but I'm trying to figure things out. My cousin offered me a job which is 8 hours from where I am. My friend doesn't want me to go, she doesn't even know where it is.

I feel horrible...

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. one thing at a time. *gentle smile* It sounds like getting some emergency contraception is something you want to do. If so, perhaps you can start by making some calls. The information I've found says that you do not need a prescription in Ontario. It's probably a good idea to call the pharmacy that is open to double check that. You can also ask if your income statement gives them enough information to give you the pil under your benefits. As I mentioned above, you can also call the walk-in clinic to see if they dispense emergency contraception.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

I would call, I have no change to use a pay phone.

I looked on the Community Sexual site and they are closed on the weekends.

Trying to think if the same company runs this Pharmacy that is beside the hospital, which is open on the weekends, from my knowledge. If it is then maybe they can some how get a hold of it, my drug card.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If you're not able to call, then you might just have to go there and ask.

I know this is frustrating.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Yea. After my meeting with the Pastor I'll go there. I'll go to the hospital and see what they can do for me.

Is it bad that I just recently finished my menstrual cycle?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I'm not sure quite what you mean by is it bad that you just finished your menstrual cycle?

Good luck with your meeting with the pastor.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay so I went to the hospital. So, I was next in line to see Traig and I go in when she said, "Next." I sit down. Start to explain why I was there, next thing I know she turns her back and goes and does something on this computer and then turns completely her back facing me talking to the lady who puts people into the computer. I almost flipped. I was talking about something serious and she seemed she didn't care or respect me.

Doctor wrote a script, took it into the Pharmacy just to be told I need to pay 33 bucks and they would pay me back once I have my card. I showed them my last months card, the Pharmacist declined told me to get and quote "get your boyfriend to pay for it," that was rude of her to say. I wasn't going to be like, "yea it was with my co-worker, it was a one night stand," when some dude was standing behind me.

I'll figure something out.I may either go to school Monday morning, that is when the sexual health nurse comes in, and I can ask for Plan B, or I can travel to the Community Health building.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience.

Plan B is effective up to 120 hours after a pregnancy risk, so you'll be fine getting the pill on Monday.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay thank you. I'll decide where to go get it.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

How are you feeling otherwise? You said above that you were still trying to wrap your head around having this sexual encounter.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

I'm feel okay besides this heat and headache. My roommates have people over, 5 cars parked outside, they must of all came when I was completely out cold sleeping. They're still here I can't hear them, kinda, they're in the family room below my bedroom...

I haven't ate since last night, been eating candy.

I need to just calm down. I'm unsure if I'm more upset of possible pregnancy or sleeping with a married man who is getting divorced.

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

It's been way over 24/hrs since my period stopped. I went to washroom and I am bleeding? Could sperm already got to an egg this fast? Could this be implantation? I'm... I don't know, I'm just in shock.
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay, I'm going to bed, it's nearing 10pm here. I feel like passing out from stress and being tired and this heat... urgh, even with a fan blowing on me. I have to be up early for Church tomorrow morning, I hope the bleeding stops.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Alergnon,

No, implantation doesn't occur this quickly. Sometimes periods stop and start, so perhaps this bleeding is just your period finishing up.
Since you did have unprotected sex, you'll also want to make sure you get tested for STIs some time soon.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay.

Yea, I'm going to the Community Health building tomorrow morning. I'll ask about STI testing.

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

I have a question: If an egg has been planted already and I took Plan B, does it detach it and remove the start of the pregnancy? If it occurred?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No. Plan B doesn't work that way. However, it is next to impossible for implantation of a fertilized egg to have occurred already. It takes several days, sometimes over a week, for this to happen.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay, just wondering.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If you'd find it helpful, here's an article on what emergency contraception is and how it works.

Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.