Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Maybe...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maybe...
Friskyfox
Neophyte
Member # 43721

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Friskyfox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

I might have had a pregnancy risk. Could you please describe to me how one might become pregnant from direct genital to genital rubbing, but no intercourse? While you guys mention it in articles that it is possible to get pregnant from this you don't go into detail with it.

As of now I'm not really in a panic. I'm being a lot more mature about it than I used to be for sure. However there is an itch that I want to scratch, before I start thinking about it too much. I shouldn't be due for another period until about a week from now.

I'm kind of assuming I'm not pregnant, considering no ejaculation occurred inside of me, of what I can understand. Yet I just would like a different opinion.

Yours,
Frisky

--------------------
there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Posts: 10 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the person with the penis ejaculates into/unto the vulva or vaginal opening, then pregnancy can happen the same ways it does with intercourse. Both people sets of fluids can cooperate -- again, the same way they do with intercourse -- for sperm mobility.

Bear in mind that we get our fair share of "just the tip" and/or people who REALLY don't want to say they have had intercourse, so try and qualify what wasn't that was or was close enough for it to make no difference in risks. But at the same time, when genitals are interlocking in any way, and there's a penis and a vagina involved, then we're looking at possible pregnancy risks, period.

As well, this kind of sexual activity presents STI risks.

So, for future reference, when genitals are going to be on genitals, then anyone who wants to reduce the risk of STIs or pregnancy needs to be using safer sex and a reliable birth control method.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friskyfox
Neophyte
Member # 43721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friskyfox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Understood and Thank you.
I think you would consider my case more of a "just the tip situation," if anything, which means I probably fall under a withdrawal case scenario. I hear now that a successful withdrawal has the same amount of risks as condom use, (without the added protection against STD's of course).

--------------------
there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Posts: 10 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms are, when used perfectly, slightly more effective than withdrawal used perfectly. But the risk of pregnancy when withdrawal is used perfectly is still quite low.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.