Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy scare
bluebird_me
Neophyte
Member # 96037

Icon 9 posted      Profile for bluebird_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend had sex with her partner yesterday for the first time. They did not use condom at the first try but later they did use it.
He did not cum inside her vagina but the pre-ejacuates were there. She was scared of getting pregnant so she took a contraceptive pill today morning.
Today evening they again had intercourse and did not use condom or any other kind of protection when they were trying it again. They used a condom some time later. He again did not ejacuate in her vagina during the intercourse. Again she is scared.

Should she take another contraceptive pill tomorrow?
She has never used birth control pills.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to be clear: did she take one pill, or did she take a dosage of the pill that qualifies as emergency contraception?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluebird_me
Neophyte
Member # 96037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluebird_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She took a pill which qualifies as emergency contraception.
the name of the pill is " i-pill"

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I-pill is an emergency contraceptive pill. The dosage is one pill, so there is nothing to be gained by your friend taking another dose.

At this point, she can wait until 14 or more days after the unprotected sex and then test for pregnancy.

If she has asked for your help with this, you can also share this article with her so she and her boyfriend can practice safer sex in the future.

Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluebird_me
Neophyte
Member # 96037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluebird_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou so much. You guys have helped us a lot.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.