Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » After Plan b, period 2 weeks early?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After Plan b, period 2 weeks early?
Kayleee
Neophyte
Member # 95994

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kayleee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. So my period started on may 23 and completely ended may 29. On June 2nd at 9 pm, me and my boyfriend were messing around and we tried sex for the first time. We did it unprotected but only for a few seconds then we stopped cause it wasnt a good idea. (no ejaculation) On June 4 at 7pm I took the plan b: one step pill. Now it is June 10, and I have bleeding. It started yesterday June 9. It feels like my normal period because I have cramps and the amount of blood is the same as my normal period. Is this my period? And does this mean I'm not pregnant!? I heard people can bleed from plan b but this is a heavy flow like my regular periods! But its 2 weeks earlier than my expected period. I'm so worried and I hope it's my period. I dont want to be pregnant. Thank you for your time.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One common side effect with Plan B is it knocking menstrual cycles out of whack for a little bit. As well, unexplained vaginal bleeding is also a common side effect.

I'd just make sure that in the next month or so, you also make sure you're up-to-date with STI testing, and same for your partner. I'd so that regardless, if you're not already, but also because sometimes unexplained vaginal bleeding can be one of the few symptoms of some STIs when they present with symptoms.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayleee
Neophyte
Member # 95994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayleee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Heather for your response. But Im only 15 though so I don't know how I can go in for STI testing without my parents notice.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In most places -- especially if you're in the United States -- it is a given that one of the rights you have, unless your life is in danger -- is the right to privacy with your sexual healthcare.

Where did you get your Plan B from?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayleee
Neophyte
Member # 95994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayleee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh alright i see thank you. I'm sorry that was a mistype on my iphone. I meant to say I'm 17 not 15. I went to a pharmacy and bought plan b on Tuesday though I didn't inform my parents about it. Do you think the risk is high of an STD if me and my partner have never has any sexual contact what so ever with anyone before?
Heather
Member # 3

If neither of you have earnestly had any previous partners for any kind of genital sex, the risk of almost all STIs (sparing herpes), would be very low.

But what I'll say if you're thinking neither of you will get tested anytime soon is that the smartest move, then, would be to be vigilant about ALWAYS using condoms for any kind of genital/genital or oral/genital sex.

But since you didn't do that, really, as a sexual healthcare person, by best advice would be for both of you to start the healthcare habit of annual STI screenings soon. It's something everyone sexually active should do no matter what.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Kayleee
Neophyte
Member # 95994

Okay, I will definitely start STI testing and using protection always. Thank you so much for your advice!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.