Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Herpes scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herpes scare
skatergirl1989
Activist
Member # 30668

Icon 4 posted      Profile for skatergirl1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry this takes abit of explaining.
Today I received a text from the girl I was briefly seeing (I'm a lesbian) saying that she has been diagnosed with genital herpes.
I am terrified I have it aswell.

We didn't use protection because she was a virgin and I had only slept with one other guy (using protection) and one other girl who was also a virgin. I had been in a relationship for 2 years before this brief fling with this girl so I'm very certain I had no s.t.i's. So we didn't think we needed to use protection or get checked out...I thought the chance of getting Sti's were zero.

This girl has slept with, I think, one other girl since then. She seems to think that if our previous sexual history was true than the chances of me having it our zero. I would agree with her if it wasn't for one problem.
Which is that about the time we were seeing each other I got what i thought was a hemorrhoid( never had one before so I wasnt sure.) I treated it with garlic and it went away in a day or two. Now I thought it was a hemorrhoid as a result of a poor diet. I had lost my appetite as a result of a bad break up and lost a stone very quickly. But now that she sent me that text I'm not so sure.

Also I remember when we first started going out she was complaining of a cold sore. I'm wondering if this could have been indirectly passed on and given her genital herpes?

We did very little sex wise i think i fingered her three times not for long and she touched me once or twice but I'm very worried all the same because there's a chance fluids mixed...etc.

I have since got back with my previous girlfriend and she is trying to reassure me as she has no symptoms whatsover.

The reason I'm so worried is that thing i thought was a hemorrhoid could have been herpes. It seems too much of a coincidence.

I'm going to get a check up on Monday but I dont have any symptoms right now so I'm worried they wont be able to diagnose it specifically with a blood test.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm really worried about this.
I've read up on herpes and seems like it'll make my life and my chance at finding a partner much more difficult.

Posts: 41 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi SkaterGirl1989

You'll find an answer in the thread you started in the "sex basics" forum. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatergirl1989
Activist
Member # 30668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skatergirl1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! Wasn't sure which one to put it in.
Posts: 41 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.