Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for white.biscuit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I just moved and the move and maintaining work was fairly stressful, lots of other stress going on lately and sleeping patterns are off. A few days ago I noticed what I thought was spotting, just a little bit of blood. I thought it was normal because of everything going on and I'd taken my pill a bit late the day before, but I haven't stopped bleeding yet and it has been like 4 days or so? This is while i was on the hormone pills, today was my first "fake" pill and I'm still bleeding. I don't normally start my period until 3 days into my fake pills, I don't know if I should be worried or if this is just because I messed up my pill time??

Thank you for your time [Smile]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A late pill, as well as changes in sleep patterns and stress levels can all affect when your withdrawal bleed shows up (and sometimes it's just early or late for no obvious reason at all). I wouldn't say you have anything to be worried about here.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for white.biscuit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so now that my fake pills have started for their 7 day bit, even if I keep bleeding for those days it's okay; and I should stop bleeding when I start my hormone pills again?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

Oh that's great to hear, thank you so much for your time!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.