Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Can't seem to stop freaking out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't seem to stop freaking out
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 4 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys.
So I know I've posted on here several times asking if specific scenarios I've mentioned in my earlier posts present any risk of pregnancy. Even though I've been answered "no," on all accounts, I can't seem to stop worrying that every little thing that happens to me is a pregnancy symptom. For example, my skin has been worse than it usually is for a few weeks now, and my stomach and lower abdominal area have both been tenser and much "noisier" in terms of activity (stomach gurgling, etc). Even though I've been told before that nothing is wrong, I have to ask: are these symptoms of pregnancy? Has anything I've done in the past been a viable pregnancy risk?
One of the things I especially want to ask is how to deal with this. I love engaging in sexual activities (except for intercourse) with my boyfriend. I love kissing him and touching him and having him touch me. It's a way for us to express our love for each other, and I feel no shame in doing it. Yet I still get pregnancy scares, despite being told that none of the things I have done could make me pregnant, especially since we have never had vaginal intercourse, nor has he ever ejaculated in my presence. How do I deal with this?
Thank you all so much for your time!

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I know that you guys are swamped with so many questions but I really really need your help. I went to the bathroom just now and when I wiped, there was a tiny bit of blood, very faint, on the toilet paper. My period is not meant to start for a couple more days and it's almost never early. I'm really worried that this is implantation bleeding and that I might be pregnant because of pre-ejaculate touching me via fingering.
Please please please help!! I'm freaking out and I'm so scared and I don't know what to do [Frown]

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anybody help please?? [Frown]
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pocket Mouse,

I am so sorry this thread was overlooked.

It's important to remember that implantation bleeding is really very rare. Added to that that none of the sexual activities you've described in your posts here pose a pregnancy risk and it's safe to say that the bleeding you saw was not implantation bleeding.

Has the bleeding continued since then or has it stopped? sometimes people get a little bit of spotting throughout their cycle. Sometimes there's an irritation in the vagina or on the vulva and it bleeds a little. There are lots of harmless reasons for there to have been a little bit of blood. Our bodies aren't machines and they often do all sorts of things we don't expect them to.

You mentioned above that you'd like to talk about how to deal with the fact that you enjoy sexual activities but fear pregnancy so much. Would you still like to talk about that?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Thank you so much for answering me! And it's not your fault at all, honestly it's my own fault that I put myself in these situations. Thanks for taking the time to help me out [Smile]
The bleeding has continued and has gotten heavier, so this is probably my period, right?
And yes, I would still like to talk about how to cope with enjoying sexual activities but fearing pregnancy. I do want to get on some method of birth control, but even when I was on birth control, I would still get nervous about pregnancy if we engaged in anything sexual. And we haven't even had intercourse and it still freaks me out. Like what's wrong with me? xD

pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Hey, so sorry I'm back asking the same question ove and over again, but I need advice.
I've been sick with a really bad cold for the past few days, and during this time, I have been much wetter "down there" than usual. Is this a reaction to my cold? Or what is this?
Also, my stomach has been unsettled since I've gotten the cold. Is this also due to the sickness? Or is this a pregnancy symptom?
Thank you all so much for your time!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Pocket_Mouse_531

Vaginal secretions change as the cycle goes on, and sometimes from cycle to cycle. Does the wetness you're experiencing look or smell different than usual?

There's no reason to think that anything is a pregnancy symptom unless one suspects one might be pregnant, which, from your previous posts here, I'm gathering is pretty unlikely. Most things that are considered pregnancy symptoms are also things that can be experienced for lots of other reasons.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Hi Robin!
No, the wetness looks relatively normal. What would it smell like if it were different?

pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Also, do stomach symptoms have anything to do with pregnancy?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I insert a nudge to have a read here: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.