Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » just checking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just checking
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anxiousalways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I just wanted to check something. a week or so ago my botfriend fingered me, and i bled a little, i just assumedd that his fingernail scratched me a bit, so kinda the day or two there was a bit of brown on my underwear and sometimes when i would wipe after the bathroom,since it was brown i assumed it was just the blood from that fingering but was only leaving my vagina then and this did not last more than a day or two. and a week or so later, my boyfriend fingered me again and we had sex( with a condom), but there was a small amount of blood on the condom, but not much at all and like two days later,there was some very very pale brown um discharge, but i assumed again that this was just a small amount of blood from that incident. I am asking this because when i was on a differnt BC pill i used to get breakthrough bleeding so i got switched to a new pill, yasmin, have had no breakthrough bleeding whatsoever and have been on it since the start of the year. I have missed no pills this month, or been sick etc. so my question is, am i ok to take it that any of the brown discharge that was there, was obviously due to the activity that caused the orginial bleeding. this certainly is nothing heavy enough to warrant a sanitary towel or even a panty liner, much less than when i used to get breakthrough bleeding. thanks for any reply [Smile]
Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it sounds like it was probably a scratch or irritation from too much friction.

When you had intercourse, did you use lubricant?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anxiousalways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, yes i used lubricant, i would say that fingering before the sex may have just aggrevated the same area that had bled a bit the first time, as the second time was only a very small amount of blood.
So from that information, and that i havent missed any pills, you wouldn't say that it was breakthrough bleeding ? it was simply old blood , am, making its way out, due to the fact that it was brown?

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible that it was breakthrough bleeding, but from what you describe it does sound specifically like irritation. Our best suggestion would be just to keep an eye on it.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Okay thanks very much, I'll check with the pharmacist before I start my next pack anyway.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.