Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Dry Sex Fears

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry Sex Fears
soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Icon 9 posted      Profile for soccer1994         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am extremely anxious about pregnancy. Here is what happened:
I have been on my first cycle of birth control pills, and this event happened on the sixth day of my placebo week. I have continued to take my pills perfectly after this event to prevent any post incident ovulation.
But the event was that my boyfriend and I were dry humping. I had on two pairs of underwear and a pad (since I was finishing up a withdrawal bleed). He had on a pair of shorts and cotton boxers.
My fear is that during the dry sex, his penis somehow became exposed over the top of his boxers, and somehow pushed my underwear out of the way, resulting in genital-to-genital contact. He NEVER ejaculated, and this fact is 100% sure. I am just scared of the possibility of precum somehow getting deposited on my vulva from my underwear somehow moving away.
Do I have a high risk of pregnancy? Please help, I am terrified.

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a read through this yet? http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

Start there, and if that information doesn't clear things up for you, just let us know and we'll answer any more questions you might have. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccer1994         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the reply! But yes, I have read that article. I guess I am confused if I am at risk. Does my underwear prevent genital-to-genital contact? And would my birth control stop any danger from possible precum? Thanks again for the response!
Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we say genital-to-genital contact, what we mean is direct contact, with no clothing or anything else in between: skin on skin, basically. So even if you weren't on birth control, there wouldn't have been a risk. Anytime you're talking about a situation where one or both partners are wearing clothing, pregnancy just isn't an issue. Does that make more sense?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccer1994         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does help make sense. And I can't explain the great relief talking to an expert like you has given me! I guess I just have an irrational fear of pregnancy. And that must be why I am scared of possible danger from my situation. So even if there was a slight risk, the birth control would prevent any future ovulation if precum did get into my vulva?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Glad to help. [Smile] And yep, even if any precum had gotten onto your vulva, the birth control would minimize that risk. (Although, again, I don't see a risk here to start with.)

--------------------

soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Ok, so you really don't think I am at risk?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

I really, really don't.

--------------------

soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Thank you!
And can I ask a question about birth control?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Ask away! That's what we're here for.

--------------------

soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Ok! I was just wondering since I had that incident during my placebo week, if taking my next active pills perfectly would prevent ovulation, thus preventing pregnancy?

And does having a withdrawal bleed during the placebo week mean the birth control worked, and that I hadn't ovulated?
Thanks again!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as birth control pills are taken continuously, the protection they offer is uninterrupted.

Again, we will remind you that there really is no pregnancy risk from the activity you described. The fact that you're taking hormonal birth control is just the icing on the cake of there being no possibility you could get pregnant. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

That is SUCH a relief to hear! My anxiety about a situation that I even know wasn't all that risky tells me to step back from these activities.

And just another question, direct genital to genital contact means no underwear, correct?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it means bare genitals. Mind, if one person is wearing something like a thong that ould be pushed aside they could potentially have bare genital contact while wearing underwear. But yes, if both partners are wearing underwear (boxers, briefs, and the like) that isn't considered direct genital contact.

Sounds like you're comfortable with not engaging in these activities for a while. Anxiety is never fun... [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

I do have great anxiety of this. My fear is that his penis became exposed over the waistband of his boxers and somehow pushed aside my two layers of underwear and a pad.
soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

But I guess my birth control would protect me from precum dangers?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You know...if your partner's penis had come out of his underwear and had pushed your clothing aside, you would have known it. Bare skin on bare skin feels very different from dry humping.

I'm also hearing though that we can tell you these things and that while you believe us it's also not helping to allay your fears. Does this sound about right?

How do you feel about talking to your boyfriend about changing the types of sexual activities the two of you engage in?

And

--------------------
Robin

soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Thank you! You last answer just alleviated my worst condition fear. Thank you so very much for listening to my concerns:)

I honestly do feel relaxed now. And I will without a doubt will stop these activities. I am blessed to have a boyfriend who will stop if I want to. I am SO thankful for this site, and thank you for your super quick replies!
It is great to know that I didn't have a risk! Right?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

No risk. Seriously. No risk. I think stepping away from these activities is a very good choice, so kudos to you for realizing that and making that decision.

--------------------

soccer1994
Neophyte
Member # 95645

Thank you both for being patient and answering all my questions. I can't thank y'all enough:) And yes, this has been a wake up call to simmer down.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.