Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » just realized i forgot a pill a few days ago

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just realized i forgot a pill a few days ago
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for white.biscuit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boyfriend and i had unprotected sex last monday night, missed my pill by an hour and 15 minutes. on friday night (4 days later) i fell asleep real early and slept through when i normally take my pill. didnt realize i hadnt taken it until today, wednesday, week and a bit after unprotected sex. i now have 5 more pills to take to get me to sunday, and then the extra one that i forgot to take. do i take it tonight or will it not matter cuz its too late. how likely is it that im pregnant? moneys tight so i cant just go out and buy a bunch of pregnancy test sticks. i never had a gut feeling that something happened and i still dont but my brain is sure worried!!!

ive been taking alesse 28, this is my 6th month. i normally take it on time maybe missing it by like half an hour a couple times a month if its a bad month.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, anytime you miss a pill you always want to make it up as soon as you realize you missed it: it never doesn't make a difference.

So, go ahead and take it now. It's too soon to actually be pregnant (pregnancy isn't something that happens instantly, it's a process of generally 5-7 days to conception if and when it does happen) or test for pregnancy, so you'll just have to wait that out a bit more.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68187 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for white.biscuit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay thank you so much [Smile] going to be a long week until my period starts though! *fingers crossed*
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's pretty much how these things go, unfortunately. [Smile]

Maybe in that week, you might want to think about if it'd be more sound, and you'd feel better about it, backing up with condoms from here on out? If so, this might be a good week to have that chat with your partner.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68187 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

we've been sexually active for several months now, always using condoms for sex. we thought it would be okay to have sex without a condom because id been taking my pill properly (i like to think) for the 5 previous months. it seems though that this is my worst month so far with the being late taking the pill after having unprotected sex, and then forgetting one entirely. I think he's probably too scared to do it without a condom again for a while [Razz]
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

now i have brown discharge, is that from taking the two pills in the same day?? it was light now its darker at the end of the day. maybe tmi but when i wiped it had like, "chunks" in it for lack of better term. where if i was on my period id only asume were like old clots coming out. theyre small though. should i be worried?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like your period (or withdrawal bleed, the 'period' we have while we're taking the pill) coming, white.biscuit. Brown blood is just older blood that can happen at the start or end of bleeding. So, I don't see cause for concern here.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
white.biscuit
Neophyte
Member # 95345

oh thank you [Smile] now i can relax!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.