Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Need help /: really scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help /: really scared
musicislove614
Neophyte
Member # 95259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musicislove614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So about three weeks ago, I lost my virginity to my boyfriend. I'm not on the pill, but we used a condom. The first time he didn't finish because I made him stop since it hurt so bad. The second time wasn't as bad, but I think he did finish. We only had one condom to use and he reused it the second time. The time that passed between the first and second use was between a half hour to an hour. I don't think it broke or had any holes in it and he held the bottom when he pulled out. About 5 days after we had sex, I got my period, except it was 12 days early and lighter than usually.
What are the chances that I'm pregnant? /:

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12 days early, for sure? How well do you chart your periods to know when to expect them? And when you say lighter, how much? And for less days or the same as you're used to?

Really, though, even though you two didn't use condoms properly (no reuse in the future: if there's only one condom, that means only one use), it doesn't sound like the condom failed, either. So, pregnancy seems unlikely, whether or not the bleeding you experienced was your period or not.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musicislove614
Neophyte
Member # 95259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musicislove614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean, sometimes my period is irregular, but it's never that irregular. It'll usually be off by three or four days. But I did go 40 days without my period between September and November, like it completely skipped October. When I usually get my period, it's for 5 or 6 days, which how long the one I got was. But the first couple days are usually heavy but goes to moderate then light. This period started at moderate and went to light after a day or so.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you count your cycles to predict when the next one is due how? By number of days in a cycle (as in, every x- number of days you usually menstruate), or by dates (as in, if it came on the 6th last month, you expect it then this month)?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musicislove614
Neophyte
Member # 95259

I count it by the number of days in the cycle. When it's normal, it's usually 32 days.
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. So this does sound like it was probably a fluke, if you counted correctly the last few cycles.

I'd just keep an eye on it and your sexual health in general. If you're not up-to-date with STI tests and pap smears, or haven't started those, soon might be a good time for those, and then if you still have a concern about this, you can ask about it.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

musicislove614
Neophyte
Member # 95259

Okay! Thank you so much for your help! It means a lot to me.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.