Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » risk of pregnacy...help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk of pregnacy...help?
24Brown
Neophyte
Member # 93250

Icon 11 posted      Profile for 24Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last period started on Feb 6 and ended on Feb 12. On Fen 26 I was fooling around with my boyfriend. I started to put a condom on him but I put it on the wrong way and we had to flip it around. We put it on right away when we started doing things so its not like he had a lot of precum or anything for it to be at the tip. But anyways, he started rubbing his penis on my area. I had yoga pants on and he had a condom on so I know there is no risk here. Then I took my panties off and he was rubbing his penis on my area for a lil bit, he had a condom on this whole time. I'm just wondering if a tiny bit of precum had gotten on the outside of the condom and got on my vagina area when we were rubbing on it. But before we did that activity, we were rubbing it on my yoga pants so any possible sperm would've came off right? He hadn't ejaculated for a couple of days and never did when we were doing this stuff. I'm just worried because my period was supposed to come yesterday and its still not here. I chart my cycles too so that's how I know its supposed to come. Plus I've had testing and the ACT at school and my boyfriend and I had some issues with our relationship for the past week or so so I've been pretty stressed out thismonth. And I got a pretty bad cold on Feb 23-25 and I heard sickness delays a period? I just don't know if a cold would or something more serious would actually delay it.
What are your thoughts about what happened? What do you think my risk is? I just am scared because my period isn't here. I don't think I should be worried...but should I be? I'm a virgin too if that helps any..
Thanks for the help.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do your periods always come after the same number of days each month? It's not unusual forcycles to be irregular, even by a little bit. Yes, stress, including mild sickness like a cold, can affect the menstrual cycle.

When you sayyou're a virgin you're saying that you haven't had sexual intercourse yet, yes? Just checking because people's definitions can be different, but no, this has no impact on pregnancy risks, menstrual cycles, or anything like that.

For more info about pregnancy risks can you read this, please:

Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24Brown
Neophyte
Member # 93250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I've had all the pms symptoms - gas, not normal poop and constipation (sorry if that's personal), cramps, bloating, nausea...
And my acne always clears up when I get my period and my face has been clearing up pretty good.
I have all the signs for a period coming but nothings there besides white discharge...

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24Brown
Neophyte
Member # 93250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cycles are 33-34 days long. And I have never had vaginal sex before. The activity I posted here is the farthest I've gone with a penis near my vagina.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never h having had vaginal intercourse doesn't impact pregnancy risk one way or the other.

Having all your premenstrual symptoms is a good sign. A couple of days late isn't anything to worry about generally.

Have you had a chance to read the articles to evaluate your pregnancy risk?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24Brown
Neophyte
Member # 93250

Yeah I've read them. I just don't know what precum (if any) on outside of condom would pose as a risk for pregnancy.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.