Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Can this happen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can this happen?
explosions12
Neophyte
Member # 95105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for explosions12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I were fooling around intoxicated last night and we were in a bathtub with hot to warm water and bubbles. We did not have sexual intercourse, however he ejaculated on me and in the water. I remember now that I touched the semen on my body with my finger and then got out of the water. I think the semen on my hand touched the water as I got up. I was completely out of it and didn't realize my hand had semen on it and I wiped my vagina with that hand and saw the semen on it after. It didn't completely transfer onto my vagina because some was still on my hand after. There was a little bit on my fingers, I don't think I fully put my hand up there, just wiped back to front. I freaked out, washed my hands vigorously and washed my vagina with soap and water twice. I took 5 regular BC pills after and am waiting til this morning to get plan b just in case. We are always safe and mature, I am just paranoid I guess. Does soap kill sperm? Is it possible to get pregnant even though it touched air and water first? If so, how likely is it because it seems very unlikely to me. This happened exactly 2 weeks from my period so will plan b work? I don't know exact facts so any info would help for the future. Thanks so much.
Posts: 15 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please may you read this first: Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first. Cheers.

--------------------
~ Saffy
Scarleteen Volunteer

To my Abuser: I'm seeing stars. I bet you can't do that.

Posts: 1265 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
explosions12
Neophyte
Member # 95105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for explosions12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did before I posted this. Can you help me out? It doesn't really address my situation. It speaks of direct contact with fluid and the vagina. Is this considered direct or not?And how likely is it that the sperm can get through? Maybe no one knows but I just want some information to go off of. I'm not uneducated about this stuff. There is just no medical information about my specific questions and would like to know more. Thank you.
Posts: 15 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing with sperm is that it doesn't live in hostile environments very well; water, whether it has bubbles or not, is a hostile environment. The hand is a hostile environment. Essentially, the semen has to go straight frrom the penis onto the vulva in order for there to be a pregnancy risk.

As to your question about Plan B, it doesn't matter where you are in your menstrual cycle. Plan B is known to be effective within 120 hours of a pregnancy risk. You have not had a pregnancy risk according to the scenario you describe.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.