Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Worry or not to worry?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worry or not to worry?
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anael1238     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were having sex, protected sex, and after a few minutes he told me to stop because he might cum. I'm not sure if he did or not but after a few seconds he said never mind that hes just going to and he continued to thrust until he came. I held on to the base while getting off and I noticed there was a lot of fluids and discharge around the base of the condom. The condom didn't break or slip off but I'm worried that some cum could have gotten out of the condom. The condom was still snug on him but the ring on the bottom slightly rode up. A large amount of ejaculate as at the top of th penis and around the baseof the head though. Im wondering if he did cum a bit before he actually decided that he was just doing to ejaculate, that his thrusting could have made the cum come out of the base of the condom. I'm thinking that e discharge I saw was mine. Please help!!!!
Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as the condom was snugly fitted to him, that he wasn't falling out of it, you're veyr likely fine. That collection of fluid at the base isn't unusual. It was likely a combination of your fluids, any lubricant you used, and the dampness that comes from friction.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anael1238     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by falling out of it? Like it was slipping off?
Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup...like it was slipping off. And you described it as fitting snugly so I don't think this was the case, right?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

I was on top so when I got off, it was fitting to his penis. the ejaculate was all at the top so if it wasn't snug, it would all basically fall right? I'm pretty sure it was snug! his penis was still erect that's why! Sorry I'm kinda worried. So no need for plan b? This wouldn't be a risk would it since the condom stayed on?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, you're right.

From what you describe the condom did exactly what it was supposed to.

I would say no need for Plan B, though of course it's your body, so you do what you feel best and most comfortable with.

But again, the condom acted as it was supposed to. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

What am I right about? Sorry a little confused lol
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Can ejaculate escape the condom without it coming off or breaking?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No, I have never heard of that happening. As I said before, the moisture/fluid at the base is pretty common, and is from vaginal secretions, any bottled lubricant use, and moisture or sweat caused by friction between two bodies.

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

So even if the base of the condom rode up a little, no pregnancy risk from that because it wasnt completely off? Only when the whole condom slips off can the ejaculate come out
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Right.

Do you think that having an additional birth control method would make you feel more comfortable?

Also, here's some info, for next time, that you can review on putting condoms on. (You did nothing wrong, by the way, just giving you things that might make you feel more comfortable.)

Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Thanks! I'll take a look at the link.

I'm currently on the birth control pill but I'm worried that it might not be completely effective at the moment. School recently started and because of my hectic schedule I've gotten into the habit of skipping some meals or just eating something small. Im not sure if that would affect it

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No, that wouldn't affect your birth control pill. As long as you're taking the Pill every day, at approximatley the same time, you'll be getting maximum coverage from it.

Here's some info on the Pill if it would be helpful.

Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

If its a combination pill, theres some leeway to the time taking it right, 3 hours before or after?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, that's correct.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.