Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Very Scared! Help PLEASE!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very Scared! Help PLEASE!!!
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Icon 4 posted      Profile for akapinknailsaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so im getting worried becuase my period is now three days late. Me and my boyfriend had protected sex on January 11. He did not ejaculate at all and the condom did not break. my period should have came on saturday and it is now wednesday (the morning), my period is pretty regular (i think) and im getting very scared. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts or back ache or headaches or anything like that. My stomach has been feeling a little churny the last couple of days though. My last period started on December 12th. I have been stressing out and getting really scared after it was about a day late.

*Also I have been eating better and exercising about two weeks prior my missed period. could this be a contributing factor?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's scary that your period is late when it never is, but it doesn't sound like there's anything to worry about at this point. Sometimes our bodies just decide to do things differently, and yes, any changes we make that affect our bodies could potentially affect the menstrual cycle too.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so I understand: condoms are the only form of birth control you use? Again, from what you describe it doesn't sound like you have a pregnancy risk. Just for your information, people don't experience pregnancy symptoms so soon after the sex happened.

If you haven't gotten your period in the next week or two you can go to the doctor or get a pregnancy test, but for now, just relax. Stress can play havoc with our periods too. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akapinknailsaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG thank you soo much!! and yes the condoms were the only birth control we used.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akapinknailsaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry one more question. what if it did break but he pulled out immediately and did not ejaculate? (this was not the case i dont think but just wondering) What would my chances of being pregnant be? should I be worried then?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case you will have used the Withdrawal Method perfectly, which is 96% effective at preventing pregnancy. In that situation, you would have had a risk - but a very small one.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Thank you all soo much! Yall have helped ease my mind a great deal! Yall are great!
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Just thought I would inform you all that I started my period today!!! Thank you all so much for allowing me to feel better and get stress off of my mind! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.