Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnant...idk!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant...idk!
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Tpt20092013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help! So about a month ago there was some genital contact with my bf and I. I missed my period this month, 4 days after my missed period I took a test. It came out negative. This morning (3 days later) I took another (with first morning urine). That one came out positive. It said to hold the test almost straight up, but mine was almost horizontal but slighty up. It said to put it in the urine for 5 sec, it may have been a little longer. Also I shook it a little to get any extra urine off. Could any of these things make a difference in results?
In addition to that,today when i got home there was what looks like could be blood in my underwear. What's going on? Am I pregnant, should i take another test?
Please help! Thank you...

Posts: 44 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you took both of those tests after you missed your period? In that case, you waited long enough and one of those results is inaccurate. However, with a positive result it's always a good idea to see a gynecologist and re-test there, so that you can confirm a pregnancy if that positive result was indeed the correct one, and talk to your doctor about your options right away.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tpt20092013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the blood?
Posts: 44 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should mention that to your doctor when you go in.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tpt20092013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But do you guys have any ideas? Please...
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you could be pregnant. Or you could not. With only two data points - one test saying you are pregnant and one saying you aren't - it's pretty hard to guess. A doctor can verify if you really are pregnant or not. And if you are pregnant and are having vaginal bleeding, it's really good to check in with the doctor about that. You can also take another home pregnancy test.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

Is there one test that you would think is more accurate than the other?
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

And if I start a flow like my period could I assume that it is my period?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you start and it's normal flow then yep, you can consider that your period. Per the test? No way to know - you'd just have to retest.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.