Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » worried like crazy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried like crazy
ckozu
Neophyte
Member # 93251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ckozu         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this may not make sense or even be logical but I cant help but freak out about it. Sorry for my lack of sex ed!!!! My boyfriend and I were doing 69 and he felt like he was starting to cum so I started to get off. He says I was already off him when he started but Im not too sure and Im worried that a bit of the semen may have gotten on me down there. I didnt feel anything and he keeps telling me not to worry since the position we were in doesnt exactly make it possible even if I was trying to get off. Am I being totally silly here???
Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, was there any direct genital contact at any time?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ckozu
Neophyte
Member # 93251

nope!!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then it doesn't sound like you need to worry about any sort of a pregnancy risk.

For the future: when all clothes are coming off, it's good idea to have some condoms handy just in case. That way, you can avoid freak-outs like this. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ckozu
Neophyte
Member # 93251

you're totally right! lesson learned [Smile]

*if* a bit of semen was able to get down there though would it be a huuge pregnancy risk? I mean I saw when he was ejaculating and all the semen was on his stomach and stuff but if there was like a stray bit or whatever. I know I sound totally crazy haha.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Semen isn't going to walk anywhere on its own. So if he ejaculated on his own stomach, and nowhere near you, you don't need to be concerned. Unless you took a handful of the fresh ejaculate and inserted it directly into your vagina, there's just no way for semen to get from one place to another.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

ckozu
Neophyte
Member # 93251

Oh no, like I know ejaculate comes in spurts, like if one of those says "spurts" got on me. Like a little semen. again I know its unlikely considering the position, but while I was getting off and some of the semen got on me down there. Im sure a huge amount of semen didnt get on me, I would have felt it and seen it, but if a small amount did would it be enough to be a risk
ckozu
Neophyte
Member # 93251

Oh I meant while I was getting off and IF some of the semen got on me down there. sorry!!
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Not having been there, I obviously can't tell you with 100% certainty that nothing got on you. But from the positioning you describe, it sounds highly unlikely that any ejaculate got anywhere near your vagina. So, I'd say that you don't need to stress this.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

ckozu
Neophyte
Member # 93251

So a large amount of semen would have had to been inserted into the vagina in order to be a viable risk? Trace amounts of semen on the vagina, not so much a risk ?

Sorry I really don't mean to be difficult or argue; I just wanna make sure all my bases are covered here. Safe to say, lesson learned for next time

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Semen is the fluid that holds sperm. Sperm can't move unless it's in semen and rarely lives very long once it's been exposed to air. So, if a drop of semen hit someone's outer labia for example, it would be really hard for any sperm that might be in that drop of semen to get into the vagina.

like Joey, I can't say anything for sure since I wasn't there and didn't see what happened but from what you describe the risk is low to nonexistent.

Using condoms, other birth control methods, or both can keep these moments of keeping track of semen from being scary. Plus, condoms do reduce risk of STI transmission.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.