Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Just wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just wondering
Phoenix2784
Activist
Member # 58170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoenix2784     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So on the 19th of this month I gave a guy an hand job. His penis didn't leave his pants and my pants stayed on. I'm pretty sure he did not cum but like 10 mins later I went to the bathroom. I've been on birth control for almost 3 years and always take it on time or within the 3-5 hour time span. Is there any way I can be pregnant? I was supposed to get my withdraw bleeding today but it may come tomorrow. I'm still freaking out.
Posts: 55 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify, what you're concerned about is that you had ejaculate on your hands from giving the guy a handjob then you wiped yourself when you went to the bathroom.

There is no risk from this behaviour. The semen would have been dry on your hand by that point, and the sperm in the semen very likely dead, so it would not have done anything. Plus, you've been consistent with your birth control (great job!!!) so even if there was a risk (which there wasn't) your level of protection is very high.

Would it help to have more information on pregnancy risks?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoenix2784
Activist
Member # 58170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoenix2784     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just freaking out because I havent started my withdraw bleeding yet. If I don't start by Sunday, would I be ok to start my new pack of pills?
Yes more info on pregnancy risks would be delightful.

Posts: 55 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, info on Pregnancy Risks in these two articles, plus lots more on the Scarleteen site so feel free to browse around if you don't find what you're looking for here.

Misconception Mayhem: Separating Pregnancy and Pregnancy Risk Myths from Facts
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/misconception_mayhem_separating_pregnancy_and_pregnancy_risk_myths_from_facts

Pregnancy Scared
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/wh

I do know that withdrawal bleeds don't always happen, but the best way to know what to do in that case is to ask a pharmacist or doctor. I don't want to give you wrong advice. [Smile] One of the other volunteers may be able to way in on this one.

ats_the_risk_easy_pregnancy_risk_assessments

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.