Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » okay so i'm freaking out about extremely right now!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: okay so i'm freaking out about extremely right now!
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last time i had sex was thanksgiving and i'm on the pill and used a condom. i havent missed a pill or taken it any later than 2 hours. i have been on the pill over 2 years and never missed any pills. i have no STI i have been tested and so has my partner. this morning, (i went to the bathroom an hr earlier right when i woke up and didnt notice anything weird) i wiped myself and saw my discharge have a period looking tint to it..i thought it might have been from my sweatpants cuz theyre maroon. but i stuck a tampon up quick and took and out and saw a similar thing and im assuming the threds of my maroon pants wouldnt travel all the way up there. my period on the pill isnt due until next week when i end the pack..i am freaking out. is this implantation bleeding???

i dont feel like i have any stress or change in diet lately? i can't think of any reason why the condom would have failed it didnt break or fall off. but even if it did i take the pill every day on time :/

i also posted yesterday about experiencing suddent dryness and pain when being fingered friday night?
is this related?

i am so worried i feel like im going to faint! why would i get something period like if im not supposed to have it? if its not implantation bleeding why else would it happen?

[ 12-04-2011, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: jp2323 ]

Posts: 154 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the condom did not break, and you are a perfect pill user, you are 99.99% safe.

Implantation bleeding is incredibly rare. Have you read this? About Implantation Bleeding.

This bleeding is likely from the dry, painful manual sex - dryness can cause mirco tears which can cause bleeding.

However, a person's cycle is not always the same length. Sometimes periods come earlier or later than expected; that's just the way our bodies are.

No worries here.

[ 12-04-2011, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well the painful fingering was friday night and i noticed the period colored discharge this morning, sunday. if it was from the painful fingering would i not see it earlier than today? and even though implantation bleeding is rare, it seems to fit the timing because the last time i had intercourse was thanksgiving. i went to the bathroom earlier andn noticed nothing and went again hr later and it was there:/ can you get spotting on the pill even though you have been taking it for a while?

i just read the implantation article, and this is occuring before my period, not the same length and flow..all which signals implantation

i cant get a pregnancy test til friday so i dont know what to do! im worrying myself so much now!

[ 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: jp2323 ]

Posts: 154 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can certainly spot on the pill even when you've been taking it for a while. If the condom did not slip off or break, then it didn't fail.

Yep, spotting from painful sex of any kind can go unnoticed, especially considering sometimes we're really not looking for it. HOWEVER, it sounds like despite using two methods correctly you're still really worried, so I'd suggest two things here. 1) two weeks after a risk a pregnancy test will be accurate, so if it'll ease your mind to see a negative result then you want to take a test two weeks after the risk (or when a period is missed if it is and that comes first). I'd also suggest taking some time to decide if you're really ready for the types of sex that pose a risk of pregnancy. Have a look at this: Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

i feel like i am fine with sex until something strange or not normal for my body happens..like the spotting. i am okay during most other cycles, unless i have specific reason to worry...but i guess i do need to evaluate things a little bit more once i get over the scariness of this spotting.

the fingering on friday night was painful and dry so we stopped, however i didnt notice any bleeding that night or all of yesterday, is it possible that the tint of the discharge i saw this morning is from possible tears from the fingering or is it too late for this to be from the fingering?

i'm the type of person who goes worried as soon as the slightest thing is wrong with my body..and i looked up a few sites on the internet about implantation bleeding and it just freaked me out more :/

so this spotting can still happen even if u take the pill for a while and it doesnt mean implantation bleeding? does it mean something is wrong with my pill or its ineffective?

i cant think of an instance of possible pregnancy because i did use 2 methods..but the spotting makes me nervous

[ 12-04-2011, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: jp2323 ]

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It still could be, yes. It could also be that it's not spotting but rather a small tear outside the vagina from wiping after using the bathroom, or a scratch you accidentally got from your own nails.

Spotting, however, happens sometimes. Even for long-time pill users, even when you take them at the same time every day. If it starts occurring often, you want to check in with your doctor. Otherwise, it does happen.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

i know i can take a test..but i cant get one for another week..so in the mean time it does not sound like this is implantation bleeding? i just don't have time this week to stress about it and im the type of person to need reassurance i apologize :/
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

There's really not a viable risk in what you're describing... and implantation bleeding is rare. You don't need to be concerned.

--------------------

jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

if i recieved tears from the fingering, because it did hurt and felt dry, would it be normal to see the blood from it 2 days later? or would i see it right away or the next day?

i know ive asked the question kinda already but i'm just following up to make sense of what im experiencing could be

i appreaciate the time taken for these responses, it did help ease my mind a bit. so helpful.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

It could, yes. It could just be general spotting. It could be you scratched yourself. It's not pregnancy.

--------------------

jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

okay so i know ive asked alot of similar questions but i was just wondering, if my period was light and shorter than usual can that affect if spotting occurs in the next month? or theres just no reason to why it happens?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so I'm clear - are you asking if a lighter than usual period one cycle can play a part in whether you have spotting or not for the next month?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

yes the spotting just makes me uneasy so im trying to figure out why it happened
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, there's no way to know for sure why spotting happens. There are a lot of possible causes (although a lighter than usual period isn't one I'm familiar with) and so many things can impact a cycle that it's really impossible to know which one had an effect.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

okay thanks for answering so quickly i appreciate it!
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

You're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.