Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Concerns

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerns
xll
Neophyte
Member # 89809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning all - I have a few questions.

I have a feeling that I am irrationally concerned, but I could use some reassurance.

My potential scare was on 9/19. My girlfriend and I engaged in manual sex. I ejaculated (nowhere near her vulva), and not on my hands. I briefly touched some of the semen with the palms of my hand, and then wiped off, washed my hands twice, urinated, and washed again. My girlfriend washed as well.

I then briefly touched a mildly damp spot of semen on the bed, but wiped my hand on the sheet. I performed oral and manual sex on my girlfriend. I may have used the finger that touched the damp spot, but not before it was completely wiped off. We then spooned, but I kept my pelvis away from her and had no g to g contact.

She has since had what she says are 3 periods complete with PMS (cramping, etc.) and heavy bleeding for 2-3 days. I do not believe she has had any other bleeding.

Here's my question. I don't believe any of the above poses a risk, and I know that she is the best authority on what a period is and is not. I have, however, heard about decidual bleeding, so that has been on my mind. She also has gained a little weight, and felt nauseous this morning (she threw up once, but her doctor has said that there may be a 24 hr bug going around). I know that, by themselves, these things aren't necessarily concerning, but taken together, my imagination has been racing.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on what you've described, there is not a risk here. The contact you are talking about is not something that would create a risk and your partner has had several periods.

Let me suggest a couple of pieces of reading and, if you'd like to talk more about ways to reduce your anxiety about sexual activity or stepping back from activities that make you anxious, we'd be happy to chat with you about it.
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul
Misconception Mayhem: Separating Pregnancy and Pregnancy Risk Myths from Facts
Whoa, There! How to Slow Down When You're Moving Too Fast
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

[ 11-30-2011, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xll
Neophyte
Member # 89809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much!

Just to recap a few things I've read in some other threads (hopefully to save you some time). Please tell me if I am correct here:

- to have had a risk, fresh ejaculate would have had to make direct contact (no hand in between) OR been immediately deposited

- since she has had three months of what seems to be a period (correct time, heavy flow), decidual/implantation bleeding are not concerns

Right? I'm not necessarily freaking out, but I do want to fully understand this.

[ 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: xll ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep! [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.