Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I need help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help!
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so here's my dilema.
I was with my boyfriend on Oct 13th.
We fooled around, and he inserted his .....
into my ..... but from behind, he did it 3 times
without a condom. We have both gotten tested for diseases and we are clean. Being this my first intercourse with him, it hurt but he did not release anything and I made sure. About and hour later I went to the bathroom and I was bleeding.
I was unsure if if was because it was my first time or my menstrual cycle. I usually get my period on the 20th or later of the month or the first. Now when i bled, I bled from Oct 13th to Oct 22nd.

Now we are in november, and Im just wondering if I'll be getting my period or if I should get a test. I dont have any symptoms of pregnancy. Im just been having menstrual symptoms like back pain, cramps and constipation. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

--------------------
GUERITA.:***

Posts: 22 | From: ARIZONA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was the bleeding then a lot like your period? In other words, about the usual level of flow, number of days, and with the typical physical symptoms you're used to?

And your boyfriend has been recently tested for STIs? I ask that because most often when someone is cautious about STIs like that, they won't go without condoms.

You've also been recently tested? You've reported engaging in anal sex unprotected in a previous post, so you've been at the same, if not higher risks, as you would have been had you had vaginal intercourse in the past.

[ 11-09-2011, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did bleed like I normally do when I'm on my menstrual period. That day in the afternoon, I was bleeding and my flow was normal. I'm just confused that I got it that day but it did last like it normally does. My periods usually last more than 3 days.

I have asked him and he has gotten tested.
I have gotten tested but I'm wondering if I should just wait to get my period since I tracked my period and my menstrual calendar predicted I sshould be getting it tommorrow.

--------------------

Posts: 22 | From: ARIZONA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, it sounds pretty likely that was your period. Most people don't actually bleed with first-time intercourse regardless, but when they do, it's usually like short, light spotting, not like a period.

If you think you're due for your period in the next couple of days, no harm in waiting another week or so to test.

I'd just also strongly suggest sticking with safer sex with your partner. Even with partners who have been tested, that's the best way to reduce risk, and is advised for new sexual relationships for at least the first six months, longer if people aren't monogamous after then or haven't been during those six months.

I'd also suggest making sure he really has been tested, okay? Did he tell you what infections he was tested for and when his last round of tests was?

For yourself, you can get a new round of tests in the next couple of months, okay?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Thank you Heather.
I will surely make sure of that. I just need
to find a good clinic that wont charge as much so I can get tested for diseases and pregnancy. I believe I will soon be getting my period because I've been having the symptoms I always get before I start them.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Would you like some help finding clinics near you you can afford?

We're always happy to help users with that, we just need a zip code to do that.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

yes please

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

You got it. You can post that zip code here or use the "contact us" link below to send it via email if you're more comfortable with that. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Okay!

So, Planned Parenthood clinics use sliding scales for their fees, based on your (not your parent's) income. The three closest Planned Parenthood clinics to you are:

Glendale Health Center
5771 W. Eugie Glendale AZ 85304
P: 602.277.7526

Maryvale Health Center
4616 N. 51st Ave. Phoenix AZ 85031

North East Phoenix Health Center
3131 E. Thunderbird Rd. Phoenix AZ 85032

These additional clinics are Title X clinics, which means they serve youth at low cost or no cost:

Wesley Community Center
1300 10th St S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Phone: (602) 257-4323

Arizona State University's clinic
1124 N. 3rd St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (602) 523-9275

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Hi heather, I just have a question, since I am following the tracker online to track down my period, I was wondering should I just wait until I start my period on my normal days? I was supposedly going to get it yesterday but no signs. I have been cramping and had some constipation normal signs of when I get my period but nothing else.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not clear on what you're asking, exactly. Could you explain a bit more what you mean?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.