Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Are these signs showing I'm pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are these signs showing I'm pregnant?
HopefullyNot
Neophyte
Member # 84188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefullyNot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently moved to college, and I had my boyfriend over about 5 weeks ago. We had sex multiple times, a few of them without a condom, but he never came inside of me. I have been on birth control for about five months, and missed a few by an hour, and one by 4 hours a week or two before the sex. I should have gotten my period two days after we had sex, but I feel I only had two days, not consecutive days, of very light bleeding. This might be me being paranoid, but I feel I have showed some signs of pregnancy. I'm supposed to get my period in two days, but I'm so nervous. If I see no bleeding by Tuesday I'm going to buy a birth control test.

Is it possible to conceive just a few days before I'm scheduled to get my period?

Signs:
Implantation Bleeding - Maybe what I thought my period was, but I had no cramping with it
Tender Breasts - No soreness/tenderness at all, nor any change of color
Fatigue/Tiredness - While working out, I felt so fatigued. Not that I needed to sleep, but I couldn't keep up some of the moves. (It was an intense kickboxing class, but I did it several times before without that feeling.) This happens occasionally while exercising. I had an experience like this in the summer though, where I would be winded running up a flight of stairs, so I'm not sure
Nausea/Morning Sickness - Experienced some uncomfortable, but not painful feelings two or three times. Walking around made it worse, and I didn't try to eat a lot. Any painful feelings, which only happened once or twice, only lasted for about a minute. Once is happened for my side abs.
Backaches - This happened after a kickboxing class, but we did a lot of ducking, so it's probably soreness from not using those muscles
Urination - I use the bathroom a lot, but I drink a lot. (At least 5-6 bottles of water per day, class of milk, mug of hot chocolate, three sizable mugs of green tea, cup of juice. This every day) I'm feeling though I need to pee sooner after I finish the liquid.

This may be me being paranoid, but I would be comfortable with a professional opinion on this.
Thank you!

Posts: 2 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible to conceive at any time, really. But. The pill is very effective at preventing pregnancy, and it sounds like you're a good user. Considering that your partner hasn't ejaculated in you either, you've been using two methods of birth control: the pill and withdrawal. The risk of pregnancy is very low, and the light bleeding could be from any number of causes - the same things that can interfere with your cycle off the pill can throw it out of whack on the pill, and the pill itself often means lighter withdrawal bleeds for many women, so I wouldn't jump to pregnancy as a cause right away. That said, you can take a pregnancy test now if you like; it's been plenty of time since a risk for the test to be accurate.

As for pregnancy symptoms, they're not a reliable way to tell if you're pregnant. Look hard enough, and you can find pretty much anything listed as a potential symptom, and everyone experiences pregnancy differently, so the only way to tell if you're pregnant is to take a test. (Implantation bleeding though, FYI, is fairly uncommon. What is most common with pregnancy is a lack of bleeding altogether, so I wouldn't worry that what you saw may have been implantation bleeding.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefullyNot
Neophyte
Member # 84188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefullyNot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much. I'm going to wait for Tuesday to take a test, if I don't have bleeding. It stinks, though. Every time I use the bathroom I'm HOPING I see blood.
But, anyways, I hope it starts tomorrow, like it's supposed to. Two months without any kind of significant bleeding probably isn't the best thing.

Posts: 2 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good plan. If you need some more support between now and Tuesday, just shout - we're more than happy to help out!

(For the record, periods can go missing sometimes without any connection to pregnancy, and it's totally possible to have a very light withdrawal bleed or to skip a withdrawal bleed.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.