Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Reason to freak out???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reason to freak out???
Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stereohearts         Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and I were fooling around and we were about to have sex. he was on top of me and he had to reach to grab the condom and when he did, the tip of his penis kinda touched me down there and he pulled back immediately. We're both kinda unsure if thats bad enough to need ec...
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

oh oh oh! It didnt touch me where the penis usually goes into and it was really quick.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any direct genital contact poses a pregnancy risk, but without ejaculation, that risk is very low, and EC would not likely make a huge difference here. If you feel getting EC would help you feel less stressed though, that's a valid reason to take it.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

He didn't ejaculate and I read Heather's post that pre-cum by itself doesn't have sperm unless the person had ejaculated previously. He hadn't and he had urinated before any activity.

Do you see a need for ec considering all of the different factors? Im not stressed at the moment but Im wondering if its because Im not grasping the possible risks there are.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, it's up to you. The risk is very low, but only you can decide how much of a risk you're okay with.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

I'm not sure if you can answer this question but if not then I totally totally understand. If you were in this situation would you take ec? I know ec has some pretty serious consequences on the body and a womans cycle so I dont really want to take it unless absolutely necessary and I would really appreciate someone elses perspective.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Personally, I would. But I very, very much do not ever want to become pregnant, and I have some mental health issues that would not be helped by pregnancy, so I will always err on the side of caution. Again, this is really up to you.

Too, EC can have some side effects that aren't fun, and it can impact your cycle, but it doesn't do any sort of lasting damage to the body - it's the same hormones that are in other birth control pills, just in a larger amount. It's a very safe medication to take. So I wouldn't base your decision on the idea that EC is harmful and to be avoided if at all possible, because that just is not the case at all.

--------------------

Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion. Im basing my decision on how big of a risk it is. There is a chance of pregnancy with what happened although its low considering he hadn't ejaculated. Then again, theres a chance for pregnancy when sexual intercourse occurs right? Its never completely zero?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

The risk will never be zero if you are having the kinds of sex that can result in pregnancy, no. But in this case it is a very low risk, considering that your partner did not ejaculate.

--------------------

Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

Thank you for helping me through this! We'll be more careful next time even if it was an accident [Frown]

Out of curiosity, pre-cum doesnt generally tend to lead to pregnancy does it? Im not planning on throwing condoms out the window any time soon haha but this is just for general knowledge.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

There isn't really any data showing how many pregnancies are a result of pre-ejaculate.

What we do know is that withdrawal - pulling out - is estimated to be around 96% effective in perfect use, and between 73 and 82% effective in typical use. (Those percentages are over the course of a year - so with perfect use, 4 of every 100 women using withdrawal perfectly will become pregnant in one year, for example.)

Does that help?

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.