Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Missed Period Even Though You and Other Websites Have Said I Has No Risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed Period Even Though You and Other Websites Have Said I Has No Risk
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Icon 4 posted      Profile for KatieLynn963     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I'm really sorry if this is disobeying the Scarleteen rules at all. I have posted on another forum about my risk assessment on being pregnant. This one, is rather like.....a "What The Heck Is Going On?" kind of thing cause I have already been told by another Scarleteen member that I "have no viable risk" and other people on another website have said the same thing. Just incase you haven't read up on what had actually happened this month, I'll repeat it again.

me and the guy I was seeing got completely naked. We kissed, I gave him oral (he's STI free by the way and so am I) and he fingered me. nothing more. This means no penetration of the vagina or Anus and we did not purposely rub our genitals directly together in any way. We tried our ABSOLUTE best to refraim from genital-to-genital contact because we know that doing so would be a risk in itself so we in our acts of kissing, fingering, and oral, made sure that we were not haveing genital-to-genital contact by postitioning ourselves in other ways. Like I have mentioned on the previous post, I said that there was a split 2 second time-frame where he and I were laying next to each other and his genitals were laying next to mine. However, the only thing he had done before that was pre-cum so it could have dried by then and it also never felt like my vulva got wet, nor did it feel like it went inside the vulva's 'lips'. After realizing it after those 2 seconds, we had quickly changed our postioning, and he came a few minutes afterward. The semen never got close to gis genitals, only my face. After that, we imediatly got dressed so I was never fingered after he came.

I have calculated the average of my cycles (I have just started doing this last June). June was 30, July was also 30, and August was 28. The average of that would be about 29 days so it should've came yesterday. It still hasn't came and it's the 30th day so i'm really concerned. Do you think you have any more advide you can give me as far as how much longer should I wait to consider it missed if it's just late and maybe add what you think the risk is if you haven't already? I would test, but I have no way to do so except for asking my family to take me to my health provider. I just hope that if I were to do that, that I won't be pregnant cause i serously can't handle that in the way my life and family are. As for me, I really don't want to be either until I'm in my mid twenties. Again, for those who don't know me, I'm 19 and I already don't want to do this again. me and the guy I was seeing aren't seeing eachother anymore anyway. Thanks so much in advance. i really could use the help.

--------------------
"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it."

~Walt Disney

Posts: 114 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you calculated 29 days as the average, that means that your past couple of cycles were around 29 days, but not necessarily exactly that? So that means that you've had cycles that were longer, and if your period doesn't show up today it may still do so.

Our bodies aren't machines, so they don't always work exactly the way we would like them to. So some variation within your cycle is totally normal. I'd give it another couple of days before you consider this period late.

Should it turn out to be late, taking a pregnancy test is the best next step. You don't need to see a doctor to do that: you can buy a test at any grocery store or pharmacy. They aren't terribly expensive, and they're pretty easy to use.

But for now, I'd just try and relax, okay? It really doesn't sound like you have a pregnancy risk you need to be worrying about.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatieLynn963     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for your response. Really [Smile]

--------------------

~Walt Disney

Posts: 114 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatieLynn963     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But in your opinion, just out of curiousity not to diagnose or anything cause I know that that's not your job to do but if I did miss it, since I didn't have a risk, what could be the reason for missing it?

--------------------

~Walt Disney

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This article lists some reasons for late or missed periods:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

But let's not worry about that yet, okay? Just give your period a couple more days to show up, first.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

K, thanks again.

--------------------

~Walt Disney

KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Hey, just wanted to update and say that I got my period after all. Thanks for the support though!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.