Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » 6 hour time difference!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6 hour time difference!!!
degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for degrassifan18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be travelling to Europe soon, which I'm incredibly excited for. However, I have one problem - there is a 6 hour time difference which would cause me to take my pill at 3 a.m. instead of my usual 9 p.m.... that doesn't work for me. I want to move my pill time to 5 p.m. my time so i can take it at 11 p.m. when I'm in Europe. I have 2 questions:

1. How can I move my times forward and backward? I would like to be able to return my pill time to 9 p.m. once I have returned home, but I still want to have full effectiveness of my pill, so what is the safest way to do it?

2. Is the pills effectiveness seriously affected if I play around with the times too much, even if I make the changes gradual?

Thanks!!

Posts: 35 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking a pill early (at 5pm instead of 9pm) isn't a problem. You can do it in a couple of steps over the course of a week or so, but that really shouldn't be an issue.

When switching the time to a later time (from 5pm back to 9pm), changing your normal time by an hour or two each week will do the trick. (So, the week you get back, you take it at 7pm, then the next week, you'll be back at 9pm).

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for degrassifan18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay! Thank you so much! I'll be setting my pill alarm for 8 pm tonight then!
Posts: 35 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.