Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » i need to know really fast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i need to know really fast
skyrocketeer04
Neophyte
Member # 73503

Icon 4 posted      Profile for skyrocketeer04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i recently had sex for the first time with my boyfriend. i know it's a little silly, but i already saw the article about pregnancy scare and i'm still scared. i've been on the pill for a long time even not being sexually active because of other things, so my parents don't care about it. i had to skip 2 months and got back to it, taking the pill for another 2 months, the first one starting 2 days late and the second one never forgetting a pill for more than 3 or 4 hours. i started the third and it was past half of it taken almost perfectly (taking it in the right time or 1 or 2 hours later), and then had sex without a condom. i wasn't scared about it at first, my boyfriend didn't ejaculated this day, inside or outside, but there was precum. i thought i had no risk, i ended the pills of the month, the menstruation came, as always, 3 days after the last pill, but time passed and i started to freak out about it. after those pills ended, i stopped. i had ovulation symptoms and now, close to the time that my menstruation should come, menstruation symptoms, but i'm still scared. Tomorrow or the day after, my father, who is a doctor, will take me to make an ultrassound to check my kidneys (i had a stone recently) and everything else he can for a fuller check up, and i'm afraid he will tell me that i'm pregnant. i have a lot of pregnancy symptoms that can be explained by other things, but i'm afraid that it's really a pregnancy. i can't buy a pregnancy test or go to a doctor, i live in a very small town, everyone knows everyone and i'd be in real trouble if someone who saw me or sold me told another person and this ended in my parent's ears. if i'm pregnant, it's already 9 weeks. i haven't gained an unexplainable ammount of weight, my breasts is normal. my belly is stiff and i have colics (but i always have when i'm about to menstruate). i'm so confused i can't think of others symptoms now, but i have already noticed a lot that can correspond a pregnancy. i can scape from the ultrasound for now, but my mom would be mad at me because she's worried about my health. i'll be back to her house in day 31. i was thinking of scaping the ultrasound until i menstruate, but maybe i don't menstruate before that and then i wouldn't be able to go to the ultrasound. could i consider the first menstruation i had after the pill as a sign that i'm not pregnant or it could be just the bleeding because of the hormonal thing of the pill? it was a heavy bleeding i'm not used to have, but i had a large bleeding the month before and it was heavier this time. i'm not really used to all the symptoms too, i used to feel very little different about the mentruation time but in the last 5 or 6 months i've been like this. maybe i have something wrong with me, but not a pregnancy? please, help me.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but the pregnancy risk you're worried about happened 9 weeks ago, right? And you've had at least one normal period/ withdrawal bleed since then? If so, then it's highly unlikely to near impossible that you are pregnant from that incident. If you experience something that comes when your period should that looks like a period and feels like a period, pregnancy is just about impossible.

It would also be normal to feel a bit "off" right after stopping the birth control pills and it is also normal for your cycles to be a bit irregular for a while.

Honestly, since you have other health concerns going on, I strongly encourage you to talk to a doctor (who is not your parent) openly about all of this. What you may be thinking of as "pregnancy symptoms" may actually be symptoms of something related to your history of kidney stones, and that needs to be addressed by a doctor.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.