Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » A Little Nervous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Little Nervous
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted about this a week and a half ago, but now I'm starting to get a bit worried.

The Sunday before last (the 10th) I missed my pill because I had forgotten to pick up my prescription from my school's student health services. They were regrettably closed for the weekend. I was on the placebo up until that Saturday. I took the Sunday pill on Monday around nine o'clock in the morning, and then my Monday pill at my regular time at 5:30. I didn't have any sexual encounters the rest of the week, and I took my pills at exactly 5:30 on the dot.

However, late Friday night/early Saturday morning (the 15th/16th) my boyfriend and I had sex and he came inside of me. Late Saturday night we had sex again, and he again came inside of me. He usually always pulls out, but we were so caught up in the moment each time that we forgot (lame excuse I know, but it's true).

He and I weren't worried at the time, but now it's been on my mind quite a bit. I'm just so worried that I didn't wait long enough, and that I was careless to let something like that happen. [Frown] Ever since I missed that one day I have been taking my pill exactly at 5:30 every day (I say exactly because I set an alarm and take it right when it goes off). I kinda feel like I've been having cramps, but I've been having digestive/gas issues for most of the past week, so I can't tell if thery're actual cramps or just my upset stomach..

Is it too early to take a pregnancy test? I know this was risky behavior, but exactly how risky?

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's probably not too early to take a test at this point, so you can go ahead and do that and expect accurate results.

Like we explained before, missing that first pill really is the worst one of the pack to miss or take late. But you did make it up. Ideally, you would have backed up with a second method, but you know what? People make mistakes with this stuff. It happens, and I don't think beating yourself up about it is helpful. You just want to take what you learned this time around forward so that if there is a next time, you do things differently, that's all, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.