Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help! unbroken condom/withdrawal but still FREAKING OUT :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help! unbroken condom/withdrawal but still FREAKING OUT :(
lccalling
Neophyte
Member # 72430

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lccalling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really, really scared that I could be pregnant. 10 days ago I had sex with someone. We used a condom, which didn't break, and he pulled out of me without ejaculating and then came into the condom. Nothing came near me or anything like that. But I'm still scared. My period is due this week and I have what I'm pretty sure are PMS symptoms (sore breasts, breakouts, emotional stuff, backache, mild cramping), but still no sign of my period. [Frown] Sometimes it's pretty irregular, like skipping months at a time, but the past 6 months or so it's been really even.

Even though I think my risk was really low, I'm still terrified. What should I do?

[ 07-20-2011, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: lccalling ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the condom used for all genital contact?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 870 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lccalling
Neophyte
Member # 72430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lccalling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, there was absolutely no genital contact before the condom was on (or after the condom was taken off).
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The combination of condoms and withdrawal in perfect use is very, very effective, so pregnancy is very unlikely.

But it sounds like you're figuring out that perhaps you just don't feel ready -- or don't want to -- take any pregnancy risks at all. Does that sound right?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67932 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lccalling
Neophyte
Member # 72430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lccalling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i think that does sound right. I wasn't really expecting how scary it would be. right now I'm feeling kind of crampy but I still don't have my period, and I'm just so scared. I can't stop crying. i don't know what to do.
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lccalling, it sounds like your pregnancy risk was very, very low, and if you are cramping like you usually do for your period, it is probably on it's way since you are not very regular. If you are late for your period you can take a pregnancy test so you can be sure.

Since it sounds like activities that have a pregnancy risk (even very low) might just be too scary for you, why don't you check out this article on sexual activities that have NO pregnancy risk:
NO Pregnancy Risks

And here are some other useful ones to see help you slow down or see how ready you really are:
Whoa, There! How to Slow Down When You're Moving Too Fast
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 870 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.