Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Risk
elephantine
Neophyte
Member # 63015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elephantine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm not really sure how to write a message under an old topic, so I figured I would just do this to get my question answered...

I gave my boyfriend a blowjob the other day, and he ended up ejaculating. At the end, he noticed that there was liquid dripping from my vagina, but I looked, and it was just my own response to the stimulation. Previously, I had wiped his ejaculate out of my mouth and onto the floor, and it's possible a TINY bit was on the hand from before wiping out my mouth. I used this hand, that had done the wiping out of my mouth, to double check that it was indeed fluid from my own vagina, and lightly wiped in between my labia, to find out, it, indeed was. It was only after that I realized that I had used that hand to wipe out my mouth, and that there was a SLIGHT possibility it had come into direct contact with semen (it wasn't the hand I used for stimulating him during the blowjob). 18 hours later, I took NextChoice, the EC, and I'm not on birth control, but I'm still paranoid about a risk, and I'm not expecting my period for another two and a half to three weeks... Is there a serious risk here? Please help, thanks!

[ 04-22-2011, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: canofroses ]

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You did not have a risk to begin with, even before you took EC. This article may help get rid of some of your fears as well as explaining how pregnancy actually happens: Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elephantine
Neophyte
Member # 63015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elephantine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How could it not be a risk, if there is a chance that semen came into contact with my inner labia? I'm just curious! Thanks!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indirect transfer of small amounts of semen doesn't pose a risk. A viable risk only happens if there is direct genital contact, or semen or pre-ejaculate comes in direct contact with your vulva or vagina.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds very unlikely you DID have any direct vulval contact with semen: in other words, you haven't said anywhere in here he ejaculated unto or near your vulva, right?

Rather, you're saying that he ejaculated into your mouth (which can pose STI risks, by the by), which maybe got on your hand, which maybe got to your labia. The only direct contact with ejaculate you're describing there is to/inside your mouth. Make sense?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elephantine
Neophyte
Member # 63015

Yes, the only direct contact was in my mouth. Other than that it was just a transfer from mouth to hand of semen and my own saliva, to quickly wiping my inner labia to check for my own wetness. Semen was on my other hand, but that didn't come near my vagina. So, for future reference, is it really only a risk if it is direct ejaculation onto the vulva? Is there anyway for a risk to happen without direct ejaculation? Thanks so much for the help by the way-- it has definitely helped a lot.

[ 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: canofroses ]

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's not direct, just like it's not a direct walk for me from my door to my mailbox when I stroll down the other block for a bit, stop to smell the flowers, and THEN go to get the mail. [Smile]

Indirect contact (or maybe-contact) like that is really more an issue with STI risks. Sperm cells are pretty delicate, so they don't tend to do well with travel. They also need the fluid they're in to create a pregnancy. That's why indirect contact is highly unlikely to present pregnancy risks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.