Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » KInda worried! Risk?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KInda worried! Risk?!
candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

Icon 4 posted      Profile for candy333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm new here. Anyway, here's the issue. I've been on the pill for more than a year now and last night was the firs time my boyfriend and I had sex during my withdrawl bleed. We've been together for 4 years and are each others first and only partners. Anyway, he really wanted to last night so we went ahead and did it. He wore a condom like always as extra precaution, but as he put it on he did with the wrong side so he had to turn it inside out and put it on again. I'm sure there had to be some pre cum there somewhere but we were in the heat of the moment so neither of us really thought about it until later. I'm afraid there could be some risk because of this even though I take the pill everyday and have never missed one, since this had never happened before and I have never done it during the withdrawl bleed I have no idea if there's any risk. Help!
Posts: 20 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome,

You can relax! [Smile] I do not see any real risks here since you have been one the pill steadily. Also, just so you know, pre-ejaculate does not normally contain sperm; unless he had ejaculated recently and there were some sperm remaining in his urethra.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
addie08
Neophyte
Member # 62519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for addie08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only if he had ejaculated before and not pee... but other than that.. I don't see pg risk.
If you stress.. u can cause urself symptoms, so don't worry. And if you want to be on the safe side... take a pregnancy test the day u miss ur period. "If" u miss it. [Smile]
I doubt you may be pregnant though since you both are being careful.. but its understandable that u are worried since both of u are each others first sexual partner. [Smile]

--------------------
Addie

Posts: 2 | From: tx | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Addieo8

While we appreciate your intentions, "Ask Scarleteen" and "Emergencies and Crises" are areas restricted to staff and volunteers to respond to only, hence the “Expert Advice”. Feel free to respond to any of the other areas.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He did ejaculate about half an hour before during oral sex, but I'm pretty sure he went to the bathroom afterwards.
Posts: 20 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

The key thing here is you have been steadily on the pill; so I still do not see a viable risk. [Smile] Even if there were some sperm present, the amount would be so small that the risks would be extremely low. If he did urinate prior to intercourse, then that should have flushed out any remaining sperm cells.

--------------------
Dan

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.