Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Ejaculate in condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ejaculate in condom
booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for booklvr808         Edit/Delete Post 
During sex I noticed some white stuff on the tip of the condom where theres space. I wasn't sure if it was the lube and stuff inside so I just dismissed it and then after a little sex I looked at it again and there wasnt stuff anymore in the tip. Im freaking out a little because maybe he came a little and all the ejaculate got out or if it was just the lube
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like it was some of your natural vaginal secretions; here is an article that should help clear things up Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions . If the condom had any holes, it would have been very obvious like a balloon that has burst.

[ 04-14-2011, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: OWL Dan ]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Im sorry I meant inside the condom in that space where we pinch when rolling the condom down
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Could I have an answer please as soon as possible so I can get ec if I need to?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's entirely possible for ejaculate or pre-ejaculate (or any lube) inside the condom to move down the shaft of the penis a bit, so that's probably what you noticed. That doesn't mean you've had a risk though: there is only a significant risk if the condom breaks or slips off entirely.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Thank you so much for your reply! is it also possible for the lube to get into the tip that was pinched? because maybe thats just what I was seeing
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is unlikely for any fluids outside of a condom to get inside and all the way up to the tip. Although, when using a condom properly there should be some lube placed inside the condom and it could have gotten ‘whipped up’ or bubbles from the thrusting action and that might have been a possibility of what you saw too.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Yeah, we put lube inside of the condom because I read that it helps prevent the condom from breaking. Im just curious because when I pinched the tip while putting it on, there wasn't anything there and then after a while, I looked again and there some stuff there so I got all freaked out. I don't think he ejaculated though so I wanted to know if it was possible for the lube to get into the tip from the thrusting action
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Yes, it is common for the lube to work all around the inside of the condom. That is actually what you want to happen; it helps to prevent friction. [Smile] As long as a small amount is used, it won’t slip off.

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

I'm starting to get a little worried [Frown] I was supposed to get my period today although I haven't yet. I took a pregnancy test first thing this morning just to see and it said negative. My boyfriend and I always use a condom for all genital contact and we pair it with withdrawal as best we can. I say "as best we can" because sometimes I see some white stuff in the tip although like you said it could just be the lube! Do you think I can trust the results of the test from this morning?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Just so you know, the stress that you have been going through worrying about a possible pregnancy risk can throw your cycle off and it may be delayed. Please give it a couple of days. Also, the pregnancy tests look for the presence of a specific hormone to be above a certain level. So if you try another one after 10-14 days from the event in question, you should be able to trust it. I would like to reassure you that I still don’t believe there has been a risk. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Thank you [Smile] I was always under the impression that people can test on the first day of a missed period?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

You can. But since it has been only four days from your first post and presumably the event in question, I would better recommend the 10-14 days to be extra sure; due to the way the tests work. [Smile]
Since you have been so concerned about the withdraw method, have you considered using a different method of BC to go along with the condoms? Here is our article about what else is out there Birth Control Bingo! .

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

I see, thank you for all of your help [Smile] I'll take a look at the article. In your opinion though, there really isnt a risk?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

If he withdrew before he ejaculated and because he also wore a condom then there was not a real risk. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

What if he did ejaculate? like the teeny tiny amount , in case the white stuff I saw wasn't lube. I apologize for all my questions
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

If he did ejaculate, it still would have been contained by the condom. They are designed to contain a full ejaculation without any problem. Therefore it still wasn’t a viable risk.

There isn’t any reason to apologize for all the questions; that is what we are here for. [Wink] Please read this article as well ( Pregnancy Scared? ) it will help you to better understand what is and isn’t a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

If he ejaculated a little (not a full ejaculation, although is that possible? to ejaculate only a little) and still continued to have sex, there would only have been a risk if the condom broke or slipped off? I read both articles, thank you [Smile] I'm feeling a lot better now
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Yes, there only risks would be a broken condom, having it slip off, or spill if he was too relaxed before pulling out. If he did ejaculate and kept going for a short time afterwards, as long as he pulled out before his penis started to relax (holding on to the condom’s base) then you’re still fine. Just so you know, if a condom were to break it would be as obvious as a burst balloon.

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

By spill, you mean the ejaculate came out from underneath the condom?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Yes, as his penis relaxes from an erect state the condom becomes looser and could spill it’s contents out at the base. This does not mean that he has to pull out the exact moment he ejaculates, just shortly afterwards.

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Sometimes during sex, his penis relaxes, so now Im wondering if that indeed could have happened. Is it possible for him to ejaculate a little without knowing?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

I doubt that it would relax enough to be of real concern. If he did relax that much, then would have probably felt the condom slip a little. From my experience and knowledge, I do not believe he would not have noticed ejaculating and it would be ‘all or nothing’ and not just a little (although the amount can vary).
Just so you know, you still have not described anything out of the ordinary so you can relax. I would like to let you know that I am beginning to wonder if all of your concerns and worries may be your minds why of telling you that you may not be truly ready for this level of sexual activity. It is something to consider and give some thought to. If you would like, we could help you to take a look at that possibility.

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Sometimes in the middle of sex if he doesnt want to ejaculate yet, he stops for a little while. He told me that sometimes a small drop of ejaculate could come out but he wouldn't be able to tell if that did happen. Is that true? I think Im concerned because there was one occasion recently where a condom got dry inside even though we put lube so maybe the contents spilled out. We used a new condom though.

I'm trying my best to find out what is or isn't a risk so I wont be so worried ><

OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Let’s get back to basics; condoms are designed to contain a full ejaculation so they can contain anything less than that. Please, because you are so worried about taking risks, seriously consider if you truly ready for this level of sexual activities as well as using a second method of birth control. When using two methods, the level of protection greatly increases and here is an article that will tell you how The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method
. There are methods that don’t involve medicine if that is a concern. Since you are trying to learn more about what risks are, here is another article that maybe helpful Pregnancy Scared? .

Back to your other questions. The times where spilling might occur would be if the guy’s penis relaxes to the point where the condom becomes loose and the condom slides and/or to much lube is used and the condom can slide. The condom probably dried out from too little lube and the friction (heat) from thrusting; as long as it stayed snug then it shouldn’t have spilled the lube or anything else. If your boyfriend is trying to ‘control’ his climaxing, then it is possible that a small amount could come out if he cuts it close (he should still know it if he was close, drop or no drop); it still would be contained by the condom and it is unlikely that it will ‘spill out’ as long as the condom stays snug.

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

We do use a second method, withdrawal except he does try and control his climaxing on rare occasions. It would be really obvious if the condom becomes loose, right? as in the base wouldn't hold anymore or the condom would slip up a lot?

Thank you so much for your concern, I really do appreciate it. Im usually reasonable when it comes to risks although my period is a few days late that I'm getting worried about things although I have changed my diet, stated to exercise more and have been under a lot of stress for the past week or so (not related to sex) so it may be that.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be obvious if the condom became too loose, yes - it likely wouldn't stay on.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

I was referring to a more reliable second method like the female condom, maybe another barrier method, or any of the other choices that less ‘heat of the moment’ errors. As I said before, I am only suggesting this because of how worried/concerned you seem to be. I am simply trying to suggest ideas that may help you to relax better. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

booklvr808
Neophyte
Member # 61572

Where do they sell the female condom? Is it as easily accessible to purchase as the male condom? & thank you [Smile] could the factors I listed earlier play a role in delaying my period?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

You can try the same places where you would buy traditional condoms, reproductive health clinics, and various online vendors. There are many possibilities for a delayed and sometimes a skipped period. Stress is one of the more common reasons; here is another one of our articles that will help you with this M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? .

--------------------
Dan

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.