Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Condom got lost inside me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom got lost inside me
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Icon 4 posted      Profile for tbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am really surprised that this happened to me, because I have never heard of this happening ever.

We were having sex, and somehow the condom slipped off and went inside me. He ejaculated a second time without any condom on, because we had no idea that it was missing. As soon as I we realized that it was nowhere to be found, I went to the emergency room. Sure enough, the doctor removed the condom. I'm in shock right now.

They gave me EC and screened me for two STDs - gonorrhea and clamydia. What other STDs could I be at risk for? I've been dating this guy for about 9 months so I'm hoping that he doesn't have anything. I am really upset.

Obviously there is nothing I can do expect wait until I get my period. I do have a question: Since he came inside me, how long can the sperm "live" inside in order to pose a pregnancy risk?

Posts: 107 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
louemma
Neophyte
Member # 60563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
{Louemma: This area is for volunteer and staff responses only. EC lowers risk, it does not take it away completely. Also, at 20 posts we really need you to be following guidelines without needing reminders - Thanks. See you around the rest of the boards [Smile] }

[ 04-03-2011, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you should be covered by the EC and not need to worry about the sperm cells remaining. Here is an atricle that will explain how EC works Emergency Contraception . As far as STIs go, I would recomend that both of you get a full STI screening and here is an article about that Testing, Testing... Please read those and let us know if you have any further questions. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms sometimes can slip off, it's one of the two ways with perfect use condoms sometimes fail, breaking and slipping off. Given you took EC so soon after the risk, it has a better chance of working. Plan B used specifically can reduce the risk of pregnancy by 75 - 89%: So 7 out of every 8 women who would have become pregnant will not by using EC.

Per STI testing, you'll want to wait about a month and both go ahead and get a FULL STI screening.

Can you explain what you mean by he ejaculated a second time without a condom on? Do you mean that if the condom had stayed on he would have ejaculated two times into the same condom? If so, just FYI for the future, that's NOT perfect use with a condom. Condoms are designed to hold ejaculation from ejaculating one time only. Also? Were you using a good water based lubricant - and applying it more than once if a bit longer session?

Sperm can live up to a week in the woman's reproductive tract, but EC is going to lower your risk.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for everyone's responses.

Stephanie_1 - Yes, if the condom hadn't slipped off, he would have ejaculated again into the same condom.

That's basically why it came off in the first place. Because he kept using it even though it already contained ejaculate. I was completely unaware of what was going on. It's my fault that I wasn't paying attention closely enough.

Posts: 107 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tbelle: It's not your fault, your partner needs to know how to use condoms correctly *and* be responsible and trustworthy enough to do so. Likely what occurred was after ejaculation he may not have been fully erect anymore, which can cause condoms to slip. This is something if you haven't already you really need to talk openly and honestly with him about - before you're having sex of any kind again, okay?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tbelle
Activist
Member # 32076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's been about a week since this all happened.

I've decided to break up with him for a number of reasons. I was wondering if anyone could share their opinion on this. And I'd like to add that we've been dating for about 9 months

The night that it happened, he actually let me go home and said that it would "come out naturally". When I got home, I called him and told him that I was going to the emergency room. I actually had to go pick him up so that he could go with me. I really think that he should have taken me to the ER in the first place without me dragging him.

Ever since this happened, he has not once asked me if I'm feeling okay. He only does if I tell him that I'm feeling ill. I've been consistently avoiding him and just being really irritable towards him. I know that I'm being passive aggressive, but I can't help it. I feel so humiliated and angry.

It's been a week and he hasn't even asked me about the pregnancy issue. Over the weekend I did get my period, but I didn't tell him. The possibility of me getting pregnant does not even seem to cross his mind. As everyone knows, plan B is not 100% effective all the time.

He seems incredibly insensitive. Or he's just running away from the situation. He calls me and wants to talk about every day things like plans, sports, things going on at work, movies....like nothing ever happened. I am so outraged.

The other night we had a long discussion and I told him that I feel like he doesn't care. He said "I do care" and blah blah blah. He said that we should "spend more time together" in order to fix our relationship. The LAST thing I want to do is spend time with him!

On top of everything, before this incident happened, he told me that he can't tell me that he loves me. He can't use the "love" word. Apparently he believes that you can only use the love word if you're going to marry someone. I am incredibly hurt by this. He says that he doesn't know if I am a life-long partner. I told him that I don't necessarily care if he thinks that, but why does he have to come out and tell me? Then expect me not to leave him?

I am so mortified and outraged. Am I overreacting?

[ 04-11-2011, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: tbelle ]

OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tbelle,

You are very justified to be reacting and feeling the way you do. You have made a very sound decision to breaking up with him. From what you have written, it is very clear that he does not care about you, no matter what he says, and is not someone for you to be in a relationship with. I congratulate you for how well you have been taking care of yourself through out this whole ordeal. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.