Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » EC and Birth Control

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EC and Birth Control
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since my bf has be declared STI free, and I've been taking my pill at the same time every day on the dot (with the exception of one time, but I'll get to that in a minute), we've been messing around a little bit without condoms. He wouldn't finish inside me or around my genitals, just to be safe, and we both really enjoy it. But this morning while we were having sex he came inside me. I was ok with it at the time, but now I'm getting worried. Like I said, I've been taking my pill at pretty much the exact same time every day. However, last Wednesday I forgot to take my pill, and ended up taking it immediately the next morning (I took my next pill on time later that day). My bf and I made sure to be careful for five days afterward.

My worry is how much of a pregnancy risk do I have? I've read so many stories of girls or women who were on BC for months and still ended up getting pregnant. Should I invest in EC, or will that conflict with my birth control? I'm so afraid I made a poor decision...

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given you take all your pills on time typically, having the late pill is not a huge deal. But to be on the safe side? May want to just use two methods so in case something like this does happen you won't be so worried later.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I definitely will. Is there anything else I should immediately do, or is the chance of pregnancy low? Sorry, I'm more concerned with this situation rather than a future one at the moment, and I just want to be sure.
Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Risk would be low.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Ok, thank you.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.