Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I am really confused...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am really confused...
starrbaby
Activist
Member # 39673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starrbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so my periods are EXTREMLY irregular. My last two periods were in june and July of 10. My June period was 17 days long...I had to get medication from my dr to make it stop. My July period was the normal 7 days. Now I'm on my period again and it's the 9th day. My dr said my periods were crazy at first because my body was getting used to bein off BC, but what could be the problem this time? I was taking medicine for my face (something starting with an M) and stopped because I was getting sick and it was givin me vaginal pain and yeast infections. Would that be the problem? I also have very dry itchy pink skin on my labia...would that be the medicine too?
Posts: 41 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this irregularity has clearly been going on for a very long time now, if you've had your periods for more than five years, what I'd do is see an OB/GYN who can really look into this.

We really couldn't venture to guess about what's going on, especially without information from you from a doctor who ran some tests, etc. But a gynecologist is the right person to help you out with this and do all the homework involved to try and find out what's going on.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starrbaby
Activist
Member # 39673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starrbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you.
Posts: 41 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.